ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Wheel Spacer/Lowering Springs Question

Clio 172, Abarth 500
Hi Guys,
Apologies as I'm aware this subject has been brought up many times before however I'm struggling to find my answer.
I purchased a Ph2 172 a few months back, the car is completely stock. However I'm starting to want to change the stance of the car, not dramatically, but just enough. The gap between the wheels and the arch is quite large, and from seeing pictures of 172's and 182's lowered with spacers has made me think "I want that look on my car!".
The problem is I don't know much about spacers. All I know is, if I get it wrong my tires could rub while cornering, especially if lowered.

So my question is what's a good setup, I've tried to do some research and 20mm on the front with 10mm on the back while lowered by 30mm seems to be the done thing and work quite nicely? However is 30mm too low? I notice Eibach do both 20mm(f)/15mm(r) and 30mm9(f/r).

So if anyone can answer any of my queries and/or recommend a good setup then that would be great. Also if any one has pictures of their examples that would be marvellous.

Cheers
Chris

image.jpg
Mine is lowered on eibachs by 30mm. On the fronts I'm running 25mm hubcentrics and 10mm non hubcentrics on the rear with longer bolts, 39mm. Tried 25 & 15mm on the rears but both rubbed with the 195 width tyres I've got. Dan@m.a.d makes wheel spacers and has some offers on at the moment if trawl through the parts for sale section.