ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Xenon Bulbs - What type do I need??

Clio 172 Phase 2
Need some advice...which xenon bulbs do i need to buy for my 172 (2002)?

It seems nowadays all bulb are called "xenon" but some are cheap and are imitation xenon colour. I know the bulbs used to be extremely expensive, so i guess the cheap ones are the ones I need.

Does anyone know the correct name and fitment and the difference in XXXXK power?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Ive got brand new genuine renault bulbs here for £75 + vat each ( there £165 from renault ) D2S 35W type

Clio 172 Phase 2
sorry mate not after the genuine renault ones, looking for brighter ones, someone told me the 10,000 K are the brightest, but not too sure what type, heard on ebay they are only £50??

6000K Blue-White
8000K Diamond-White
8500K Violet-White
8000K Diamond White
9000K Violet-White
9500K Sky-Blue
10000K Crystal-Blue

the more blue you go the less white light you will have, i.e it wont light the road up aswell.

Clio II and Grand Modus
Daylight is aprox. 5700 kelvin........So anything over 6000 kelvin is just for looks IMO.

I have 6000 K hid´s and they are blue enough me think. Any more blue/violet just meens a poor light on the road......

Mégane RS
Yeah they can but the higher you go the brighter it isnt, i think it starts to loose light at 6000k