ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 xenon headlights help needed

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I have just brought some 172 xenons for my 172 cup and obviously being a cup the dont come with these, are they just plug and play or do i need to cut and rewire ect

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
thanks wen fitted them last night it sounded like the adjusters were getting stuck and the passenger light was shining realy low i could see the line... lol drivers side was fine i think was a lot higher then passenger side... i put my old adjusters on today but need to wait for it to get dark befor i can test them out! look a lot better tho i must say :)

172 cup
Does look so much better mate, im glad I made the change.

I need to put my adjusters from my halogens onto my xenon's as the passenger side doesn't move up or down and cant hear the motor so must be a dud.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
yep especialy in the dark :) lights all the road signs up from miles haha both lights move up and down now passenger seems a little low but ive been told thats the way there sposed to be? also need to make 2 brackets for the passenger side as the person i brought them from was in a rush to remove them by the looks of it lol but cant go wrong for £60 with the ballasts and bulbs... see some on ebay for £180 buy it now :eek: so i got a bargain lol

172 cup
If the passenger is low then park up facing a wall and the adjuster you swapped over will have a white bit on it, put an allen key into this and turn, not sure which way but it will move the beam up/down.

Bargain for 60quid mine was 120 plus a four hour drive

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
oh like a plastic allen key bit tht goes down into the adjuster? so u basicly can adjust the light manuly then? 4 hour drive but spose there worth it i drove 27 minutes down the road;) lol

172 cup
yh that white plastic allen key bit and you can do it manually.

Yh didn't want it damaged in post lol worth it though.