ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Y reg 102k miles missing spluttering engine warning light on

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Thought a 2013 problem was back but the current weather got me to call the AA for help. Plugged in the diagnostics and a No 4 injector fail, air conditioner interrupt, and Cat damage warnings came up.

Plugs leads checked out, plus coil pack and plugs all dry and no water in the holes which was the last issue.

We got voltage to No 1 and No 4 injectors all checked OK so it must be the injector not opening and letting fuel through? What's thoughts on this one?

I assume on Renault No 4 is closest to the CAM ie on the left facing the engine?

I assume to fix is to remove the crash piece and take out the fuel rail and push fit a new injector? Any setting or things to look out for?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Move the injector to another cylinder and see if the fault follows it. But yes, pretty easy to swap, remove guard, remove injector rail, wires and clip, swap injector, refit.

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
you always have permanent 12 volts to the injectors, it's a switched earth.
thanks - it was an injector electronic bit of kit that the AA guy collected to ensure that the ECU was talking to the injector. This confirmed that the No 4 injector was not flowing fuel confirmed by lumpy running and four dry plugs