ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172FF vs a celica gt4

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I've raced my 182 against my mate's GT4 and it pi55ed all over me on the 1/4 mile at Crail!

His is a 2.0L turbo with 320bhp against my n/a 2.0L meaning I lose everytime!

A celica gt4 the 205 version one, is about 5.5 secs to 60 standard - they are brutal, a clio will get humped.

The ST205s will present the greatest challenge. A BLMVZ-A WRC chassis will be 1200kg (no air con, lighter seats, more aluminium panels - FMIC spray bars, and anti-lag components (not plummed in though)), homolgated for the WRC - most of them in 1994, so they will be "L reg". My partner's father has one of these. Very rare beast. But I think Toyota offered all these minor components as options, so you will get non BLMVZ-A chassis with the anitlag and I/C spray bar - but obviously, a heavier chassis. They are 255bhp in standard form - but easily tuneable, due to the parts available. UK Spec ones are 236bhp, and heavier. If its a standard ST165 or ST185, the Clio would be right with it.

Si

RS Clio 172
gotta love the gt4. it's like a cool man's scooby.

shame about how quick they are though :( lol

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Brother had a 300bhp ST205 Import...

Clio might as well have been in reverse..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yep a Mate of mine has a GT4 as well, About 320bhp Pretty quick (Well faster than the Clio anyway) but nothing compaired to Brucey82's Evo 7 which was about the same power.

Pretty Dull to drive though IMO and from inside the car does not feel like its makeing that much headway, its great for Motorway crusing but the MPG he gets from it would cripple me using it as a daily driver.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Isn't there one with 240 bhp, Jap Import of something

Aye well the one I'm thinking of has 239bhp (2.0ltr turbo) and a 0-60 time of 6.1 secs...

Even that would kill a 1*2, but I don't think they look as good!

Clio 172 Cup
Well i have got a Clio 172 cup and a GT4 Wrc ( pushing about 330BHP) and i can say that the celica is just in a diffrent league than the clio. But i must admit the clio day to day is much more fun :)

172 cup
yeah the gt4 will hump the clio, i had one previous to my clio, they are very fast cars, i had the 205 was running 320 bhp,

I

invisible man

Have owned a GT4, way better than the clio in terms of acceleration and handling. And pulls really hard all the way to flat out. But Av. 17mpg:S

340bhp s14a, Clio2 1.4 8v
The Gt4 would slaughter a little clio. But yeah i have heard they're boring to drive too. If Your mate wants summit that'll have him smiling every time he drives he needs a nissan 200sx. But i average about 15mpg in mine!!!! single figures when you get happy with the loud pedal!