ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172's & 182's With Morette Lights

Black Clio 182
im just wondering what it would look like, has anyone had this done at all? if you have could you post up a pic for me.

Mk1 16v
There is a pic in the gallery iirc of a blue 182 with morettes and loads of k-tec kit

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
riche said:
There is a pic in the gallery iirc of a blue 182 with morettes and loads of k-tec kit

Think its actually a cup. was at Trax iirc...if some1 removes the xenon's to put them on i'd personally floor the mofo's!

Black Clio 182
i wanted to just see what it looked like, was thinking of it as it would look different. havent even got a 172/182 but am getting one some time next year.

Racing Blue 182
had a quick go with paint on the racing blue, also changed lower grill back to standrd form

morretes.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they are w**k, never seen em before, and now i know why! the standard units look spot on imo

VaVa
I'd have to disagre with that.... I would imagine the Cup lights to be the same as my missus's Dynamique and, excuse the pun, the can't hold a candle to the Xenons on my 172.

Back on topic, those morette headlights look good on some cars. Sadly not the Clio imho.

lagerlout1 said:
I'd have to disagre with that.... I would imagine the Cup lights to be the same as my missus's Dynamique and, excuse the pun, the can't hold a candle to the Xenons on my 172.

Back on topic, those morette headlights look good on some cars. Sadly not the Clio imho.
Thing is you disagre with no experience of them back to back, same old same old.

Imagine all the ............

P.S those Morette lights would look great on a neded up 1.2

VaVa
Neil82cup said:
Thing is you disagre with no experience of them back to back, same old same old.

Imagine all the ............

P.S those Morette lights would look great on a neded up 1.2

Youth, I've driven 20,000 miles in my car and over 5,000 in my missus's. I've driven them on the same night, down the same road.....

If that doesn't, what exactly does quantify 'back to back' experience?

Last edited:
lagerlout1 said:
Youth, I've driven 20,000 miles in my car and over 5,000 in my missus's. I've driven them on the same night, down the same road.....

If that doesn't, what exactly does quantify 'back to back' experience?

Driving the cars in question back to back quantifies 'back to back'

Megane Mk4
racing182 said:
had a quick go with paint on the racing blue, also changed lower grill back to standrd form

morretes.gif

How dare you destroy my nice lookin car :cry: pmsl

Mine looks awful with them on, but with the carbon bonnet it dont look as bad

I think they look mint!! Wanted some for mine but they dont make them, so i was going to have Pug 206 morretes put into mine!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Neil82cup said:
Driving the cars in question back to back quantifies 'back to back'

I've had both and i can GUARENTEE the xenon's are far brighter, only problem is the range is poor due to them self adjusting...Fire the main beam on and it's like daylight.

Neil we're right ur wrong! ;)

clio expression 1.2 16v
i think the morettes look mint on the clio alot better than the standard units. but everyones likes different things dont they. just ordered some for my 1.2 16v dynamique.

look w**k imo, as for the Xenon debate i'd agree with LL, ex of mine had a 1.2 dynamique and i drove that numerous times in the dark then got back in mine to drive home and the difference is quite literally night and day.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
zenons only work dipped beam, main beam is still a standard bulb, granted the road might be brighter near the car with zenons, but its the main beam that sees into the distance, The main beam is the same on every mk2 phase 2, so whats all the fuss about, it can only see the same distance!

Its the width of the beam cast and the hue/colour of the light that makes for all round better visibility. I'd never by choice go back to a car without xenons.