ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172vsCTR (again!) track video.

Quality..the CTR corners a lot more flatly than the 172 but as ive said all along the communication the 172 gives is far superior which allows the driver to push harder.

End of the day it was the driver that gave the Clio the edge not the car... The CTR driver did not look very good where as the clio driver wanted to prove something so tried harder.... Thing is once past the Clio did not pull away proving that they are not faster....

I was out in a CTR last night and I think they are much better than 172s..... The engine is amazing and it handles like its on rails.... 150mph up the PRIVATE motorway too

Big argument on the board where i found the clip. Some CTR owner who says the CTR is a racecar developed for the track LOL. Its a mpv with harder suspension and a powerful engine. Its in Swedish so you might find it hard to take part in the discussion.

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 21 March 2003

End of the day it was the driver that gave the Clio the edge not the car... The CTR driver did not look very good where as the clio driver wanted to prove something so tried harder.... Thing is once past the Clio did not pull away proving that they are not faster....

I was out in a CTR last night and I think they are much better than 172s..... The engine is amazing and it handles like its on rails.... 150mph up the PRIVATE motorway too

Dont feel bad that youre getting a worse car Steve...

From what ive read before the CTR are boys are amazingly defensive. Theyll come up with some excuse... like steve lol, only joking mate!

Someone said Honda drivers are "Brandblind", only BMW drivers are worse. "Brandblind" is a directtranslation from Swedish and you can guess what it means.

LOL...... right thats it..... I dont really care what you say about them I like them as well as I like the 172 but im not buying a fecking french car again... first reason they have sh*te build quality second the FRENCH are SPINELESS and pussied out of this WAR like cowards... The Americans should not trade with them anymore!! AND GERMANY!!!! SPINLESS!!!!!

Had a CTR struggling against my 106 the other day up to about 80mph. They do look as though they handle well though.

Obviously the clio was faster because it was Silver!! Sunny day, black car absorbing the sunlight, come on if it was a overcast day then it would have been a different result.

Who says CTR drivers are over defensive, Rob!;)

RPM it is a race car developed for the track.... There is not to much you need to do to a CTR to turn it to a track car...... PLUS CTRS are in touring cars....

Look at it wallow..... leen leen leen..... looked like a bag of sh*te.... If the CTR owner could drive instead of going round the outside of corners there would have been no way he would have overtaken him...

To me both drivers looked pretty competent drivers and therefore both cars have similar performance. Neither car had the power to pull away from each other.

Steve = :p

106 vs CTR muhahahah the guy cant drive.

The clip proves a well driven 172 is major problem. Can you imagine a valver trying to keep with those 3.

Look at it wallow..... leen leen leen..... looked like a bag of sh*te.... LOL how little you know. The chasis is very adjustable on the 172 mk1. It can lean but this is how it handles. It relies on good grip at the front through the rubber, get it right and it handles superbly. As an ITR found out on snake pass hehe ;) The 172 does have more torque per ton than both the cars in the vid.

172 RULE

Steve, if you knew anything you would also know tha amount of prep it takes to get a CTR onto the track.

A frind runs a race team, and they run a ITR and CTR......the CTR is new and cost a fortune from a UK racing team, its still pants and dont do very well against the like of a focus making less power and a shed load of other 306s etc.......

Its so NOT a race car..........and the 172, it works well with load fo weight transfer....just because it move and rolls alot dont mean its bad...i can recommend a few books to read.....Osbourne my first book of cars? ;)

Quote: Originally posted by KeithO on 21 March 2003

Obviously the clio was faster because it was Silver!! Sunny day, black car absorbing the sunlight, come on if it was a overcast day then it would have been a different result.

Who says CTR drivers are over defensive, Rob!;)

lol.. i hadnt thought of that..good point ;)

Steve ive already said a 172 is just as quick around a track because ive timed them, accept it :devilish:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

at the end of the day the clio won because of the better driver.. if the driver of the clio had of been in the CTR I think the CTR would have won.. they are so close when it comes to performance.

BenR I was just saying....... People on here just like their Clios and thats it... soon as someone says that they like a different car better people go mad....

I like clios and especially 172s and if it was not for them being so small and French doggy build I would have upgraded my Clio to one....

End of the day I want something a little bigger with same kinda performance as a 172..... I want something with jap reliability and good after care service. I want an engine that can take my abuse... I want to buy a car that I dont need to mod..... I like the Type R and im going to get one next!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 21 March 2003

BenR I was just saying....... People on here just like their Clios and thats it... soon as someone says that they like a different car better people go mad....

I like clios and especially 172s and if it was not for them being so small and French doggy build I would have upgraded my Clio to one....

End of the day I want something a little bigger with same kinda performance as a 172..... I want something with jap reliability and good after care service. I want an engine that can take my abuse... I want to buy a car that I dont need to mod..... I like the Type R and im going to get one next!
I didnt go mad... people are entitled to pick a car other than clios..

its just means there are more CTRs out there for me to waste in my 172 ;)

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 21 March 2003

Jock_071279 - I thought you were getting a CTR?!? Read your posts on the Honda forums.

I now own a CTR geordiepaul ..... had it for about 3 weeks now....

Jock

Didnt say the CTR is bad, jsut not what you said it is.

Dunno where this doggy build rumour comes from......never had a singl prob with mine, and if it can take my abuse, it can surely take yours!

Unless you sit there in Neutral banging it off the limiter for 1/2hr every day.....lol