ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17inch wheels

Hi, just wonderd if anyone can tell me if i can fit 17inch wheels on a mk1 172 clio without having to modify the arches or anything or can they go straight on?

I know this is probably an old question but id be grateful for the help, i hope to have a 172 soon.

Thanks

Gazza

Ph1

Gazza28

Dont bother with 17s theyll just slow the car down..........what id do is get a nice set of 16s and slam it.......best compromise between looks and performance. :cool:

Oh right, never thought of that. I wouldnt of thought that there would be much of a weight difference between 16s and 17s.

16s are cheaper aswell!

Thanks for the help guys.

Ph1

Gazza28

When I said slow it down I meant by the acceleration times will be slower using 17s because the rolling radius is greater than that of the standard cars 15s.

SOZ:oops:

Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by Rexy on 29 January 2004

Stuff that boys keep the 15s and have some funn! :)
Thats why Im not keen to change my wheels.......just that there a bi*** to clean [OZs] is the only problem with them!! ;)