ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17's - How much can i lower it?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Can anyone tell me how much i would be able to lower my 172 if i put 17's on. Also would i still be able to get people in the back?

Currently i have 18's, its not lowered and can get two in the back but i want to go smaller.

Cheers

(Oh and i know about the handling so no mentioning of 16's please)

Yeah i was thinking 35mm.

One of the rims has cracked and they said its too dangerous to weld it even though its only a small crack so i have to either get a new rim for £125 plus a new tyre coming to over £200 or get a new set for £600, i went for the new set lol.

www.faceparty.com/smoothy_herts has a pic with the 18's. tell me if u recon i should keep them for get momo ten-s wheels in black/silver. http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=4856 This is what i am thinking.

Impreza WRX
id stick with the 18s mate, i know 99% of people on here wont agree, think its looking sweet.
do 18s go straight on or is there any work involved?

My god those momo alloys are gash !! They look like they cost about a tenner !! I'd avoid those tbh. If your considering 17's go for less chavvy ones.

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
ive got 17s on mine and ive droped her 60mm ! i have no problems at all if it , just catchs alittle on full lock and thats it . just make sure you go for a full kit ! ive got the G-Max kit on mine

DSC00016-1.jpg

Yeah if someone wants to tell me how to upload them i will.
What wheels you got christophe? They look nice from the pic but its so small i cant make them out.

No offence, now i've seen a pic I think it looks daft on wheels that big.

The other wheels on the link look crap, the spokes are way too skinny.

My god those momo alloys are gash !! They look like they cost about a tenner !! I'd avoid those tbh. If your considering 17's go for less chavvy ones.

Are they not wheelmania??.............

The ones on the lax power link are momo alloys.

Thats ok, everyone has there own opinion. I always thought they were too big but i didnt put them on the car, i bought it like that. i want 17's max.