ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17's on a 172, how low can you go? rubs rear bumper

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Basically just put some 17" OZ f1 cups on my ph1 172 and as predicted its abit of a tractor. I want to put eibach sportlines on but the problem is the rear wheels already rub the rear bumper with 1 person in the back, and constantly with 2 or more :eek:

Now im sure this is because it rolls quite badly on standard springs, so lowering it on harder springs should make it better?

I guess im going to have to trim the bumper somehow to reduce the rubbing. At the moment the rear tyres are a 45 profile, so puttin a 40 profile on should help also.

ive seen a few cups with 17" turini's on hence why i opted for 17's myself, i know it can be done im just not sure how lol

any help appreciated.

Sam

Clio MK 4
mine used to rub with 17" wheels so had my rear arshes done and now can have 3 people in the car and doesnt rub. Lowers around 50mm when 3 people are in the back

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
its not rubbing on the arches tho, its the bumper as far as i can see.

no idea what the offset is.

Sam

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
This is what it looks like at 40mm Sam.

tractor.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Muast be wrong off set, Offset. I ahd 18s lowered 40mm on back no probs, 3 in the back and a boot of ice.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
how when they were fine on the previous clio in the picture? mine is a ph1 also, just not been lowered.