ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18 wheels

Hi guys

I want to fit 18s to my 1.2 2002. Will they fit and what are the consequences? will they rub? cos i rekon that my tyres at da moment are 2 inches so that 4 in total plus the 14 inch wheel which = 18 neway or is that dumb?How much can i lower it afterwards? and will it effect da ballance or nefin?

sorry bout da questions but i wanna check b4 i spend da money

BMW 320d Sport

Well for a start if youre going for 18s then you need to get much more accurate about your measurements! 2 inches wont do. Find out how much room youve got at the moment by looking at your tyre wall and measuring the distance to the arch. Then look at the tyre profile and work out the overall diameter. Then look at the profile of an 18" tyre and compare to see if it will fit inside your arch in theory. Eg My 215/35/18 are 607mm diameter.

If its very close then they probably wont go unless you cut the arches and the sh*tguards.

BMW 320d Sport

Plus you need to get the same offset as the original wheels and you will probably have a problem with the extra width as 215 is about the least width you can get in an 18" tyre. Thats a lot for an arch to take.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Ive seen 18s on a 2002 clio. It was only a basic one. not a 172 or anythin. It wasnt lowered though. They probably will go on but are likely to catch

Lionel Richie

I disagree, me, gaz and ned know of someone in ireland that lowered his clio 60mm on 18s with a 215/35 no rubbing. mines 60mm on 17s, and i reckon i could get 18s on no probs (it was the white clio in FAST CAR a while back)

Ad

MK2 FRS

HAve you got the 1.2 16v as im sure the standard tyre have always been 185/55/15 not 165/65/..

yer i got a 1.2 but its on 175/65 for deff. some fuel consumtion crap! so we agree that 18s shouldnt be a prob?

Fred- the person you r thinking of are probably hilly? anyway even though our cars are lowered-60mm with 17s, there is still lots of room so 18s shouldnt be a problem

BMW 320d Sport

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, of course it can be done...I could put 20s on my 16v if I wanted, but it just wouldnt be a walk in the park. Im sure 18s will physically go on, because the 1.2 is pretty high off the ground. Its just that if you put 18s on it, its gonna look ridiculous unless you have it totally slammed as well so the top of the tyre doesnt show. And then you might run into problems. Maybe you wont. Try it and see. If 18s have been done on a similar Clio with no trouble then go for it.