ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reiss's 1.2 FULL SPORT REPLICA! 2002 BLUE.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi and welcome to my project thread :) haven't made one of these before so forgive me if i put in any mistakes :p

Basically i'm 18 from the west midlands and got this car for £500 of one of my dads friends Full mot and tax nothing wrong with the car so i bit his hand of at the price, also only 55k miles on clock.

Before i even passed my test it was a massive dream to own a clio let alone a clio sport.. but due to insurance purposes i went for the 1.2 2002 Renault clio.

But i was not going to let the insurance stop me from making a Clio sport Replica car. So i saved up quite a lot of money and got to work on it and here is some pictures of it when it was standard.

View attachment 111424

Ignore the Women she got in the way :rasp: so this was it basically cleaned it every day its my pride and joy i love it to pieces.

Inspiration also came from my Uncle who used to be a rally driver and he drove a Renault while he was racing so i always loved going to watch him race in the Renault and thats where my love for the Renault come to mind
View attachment 111425

Another clean for the car today while the sun was shining :)
View attachment 111426

So it was time to start doing things to the car as id saved up quite a bit of money so i decided to buy some OZ racing wheels from a person i saw on gumtree and this is how they looked fitted. Also the car journey i had to take to actually pick up the alloys on a Sunday evening.
View attachment 111430
View attachment 111427

Also got some led side lights for the car make it look a little better from the front at night
:D
View attachment 111428

Next i brought some team heko wind deflectors.

View attachment 111429

Then i went to get some tints for the back 3 windows
:)
View attachment 111431

Then of of the wheel bearing came loose and was making some noise to we had to get a new one and change that
View attachment 111432

i also brought a twin sub-woofer from a friend which i love
:p:)
View attachment 111433

i finally picked up a Renault sport rear bumper with an exhaust cut out which helped as i had a exhaust the color had already been matched by the person that made the replica before me so this was a bonus.
View attachment 111434

Then i color coded my side strips to the color of the car.
View attachment 111435

I removed that " If its to loud your too old sticker" i think it looks much better now here is a picture with the bumper fitted
View attachment 111436

photo43_zps8662bb17.jpg

Then i brought the Renault sport grille which i think makes loads of difference to the front end
photo13_zps7f63902e.jpg

I finally found some Renault sport seats also which i picked up for £40 in Halesowen
photo1_zps4d786663.jpg

Then i found out that Dave was breaking his 182 and he lives very close to me so i brought a lot of things from him including the Front bumper! so i got it resprayed to my color and got it fitted as soon as i could by Dave as well
here is the bumper on Dave's car
photo21_zps1297a714.jpg

So the day finally arrived for the bumper and wings to be fitted
:) here are the pictures of it being transformed.
photo22_zpsbc1c335e.jpg

photo34_zps844fd1c1.jpg

And finally it was done! after long last i finally have almost finished the sport replica. As i only got the bumper fitted yesterday the skirts are being done today so will get more pictures up soon
:)sorry for not being very informative i have never done this type of thing before, but i hope you guys enjoyed it and i can not thank these people enough for everything they have done could not have done it without these people.
cs_dave MartinR RS-Kev Thanks again guys here is a final picture of what it looked like literally 14 hours ago
photo14_zps664b97cd.jpg

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Looks good mate. I did a rep a few years ago when I was 17. God I loved that car!