ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18000 service

54 astravan 1.7tdci

how much will it be and will they try chargin for loads of stuff i could fit me self. i only really want a stamp!

when i went in for mine i checked everything, i even filled the windscreen wash up! they only went and emptyed it out and put their own in and made me pay for it! c**ts! mine was 154smackers.

Ranges from £130 ish to £160 altho im sure people on here have had it cheaper and more expensive.

Basically its an oil and filter change, pollen filter change if you have air con (well its supposed to be changed but a lot of places dont say thats included) and an air filter change.

Plus they check the car over, brakes, tyres, headlights etc ect then most renault service places will probably feed you a load of sh*te about how you need new this and that just to rip you off some more!!!

Sorry!!! got a summer cold at the moment so not in the most positive of moods!! and I have had a few run ins with renault over the past year them telling me stuff needs doing when it blatantly didnt!!

If you can go somewhere from reccomendation on here. My first service is in september so I will see how that goes!!

Ring around all your local renault service centres cos I found a big price difference just between three dealers.

K20 EG Hatch

/\ thats sh*t, why should they be able to do that! bet they went for a sh*t durin while they was doin it an put that down as time on the car!

54 astravan 1.7tdci

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 03 August 2004
when i went in for mine i checked everything, i even filled the windscreen wash up! they only went and emptyed it out and put their own in and made me pay for it! c**ts! mine was 154smackers.

did you get the obligitary dent aswell i heard they dont charge for that

If you have A/C and you dont get the pollen filter changed then the Warranty on the whole A/C will be invalidated.. As stated in a recent internal Renault document..

Mind you the doc was probably directed towards owners of the new Espace.. Where the pollen filter is £111 + Vat!!!!! :eek:

I got mine for £99 that was the offical price at a proper Renault garage.

Have a shop round they do so little work so some places are cheaper.