ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

181bhp cup

Man i wish it was as simple as that.

But roamer will have a completely different power delivery, plus hes running std cams.

And to put it mildly, Philp has been at this for months, broke his engine, ot at it again and tried seriously hard....so all credit.

I have no problems with believing wheel hps.

i gota say, i think 160-165lb/ft is possible at high-ish rpm, but 190lb/ft on stock plenum injection seems alot to me for a 2litre.

i think il have to have some 172 magic dust sprinkled on my engine lol

jimbo

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo1 on 17 February 2004

so in all honesty, roamer mite as well have jsut fitted flowed head n cams rather than tbs in order to get over 200bhp?

jimbo
That will be coming soon mate!!!!!

Its all horses for courses, Phillip has done his for track use, Roamer has done his to scare old people - hairy muff i say!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 16 February 2004

suspension: koni sports adjustables, eibach sports, full geometry setup: camber bolts front shims back - best mod
Glad to hear its all gone well philip!! :cool:

And, finally, someone who listens on this board and has opted for the suspension mods I was banging about months ago - and has walked away a very happy chappy! :devilish:

Anyone confirm if the suspension mods will cure the knocks the Cup comes with as standard? if so, Ill get them, and poly bushes, and bill Renault for them-seeing as they have admitted there is a design fault.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Dootchy on 17 February 2004

and bill Renault for them-seeing as they have admitted there is a design fault.
They have?!

When? Tell me more...

Renault UK- spoke to them on countless occassions & wrote about 6 nasty letters to them- my Cup has been in about 13 times in 9 months-knocking & snapping alternator belt adjuster 6 times amongst other things.

Manager @ Uk customer services admitted there was a fault & that they have referred back to the Frenchies re. the actual design. She claims they have also dismantled a Cup in the UK to try to get to the bottom of the prob as the actis fix for top mounts only party cures the problem. She was open to suggestions & I mentioned the Koni/eibachs.

Strongly recommend a letter to them-the more folk who complain the more grounds we have for claims.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 18 February 2004

Odd... my Cup suspension has been fine!?

(touches wood)

Rich you might want to read my Cup suspension threads over the last 2/3 days!

Letter on its way to Renault.

All of the above is true i tells ya!

no, sadly it is.

What do i do and why do i know........lnog background and itll put you to sleep mate.

Lets just say cars have been my life.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 18 February 2004

Odd... my Cup suspension has been fine!?

(touches wood)
Rich you might want to read my Cup suspension threads over the last 2/3 days!

Letter on its way to Renault.
Will take a look...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its the front suspension angles and the amount of flex in the shocker top bushes that is the root cause of the problem.no knew solutions have been released by renault yet.

Sorry Phillip, the knocking from the suspension & the alternator thing are 2 separate issues.

Seems to be the same suspension knock as everyone else gets- I heard that the springs/shocks cured it altogether- been waiting ages on Reno coming back with a fix. I fancy Eibach/Koni adj/Poly Bushes at the front to try & tighten it up a little. Also, the camber bolts you mention, are these easy to set up? Great wee car, shame about movement/play/flex at the front.

Wonder if anyone does uprated top mounts too?