ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - 2 weeks old and already damaged!!

133/225/CLS AMG
I put a post on here a while back about my gf getting a totally mint 05 reg 182 Cup with gordini stripes.

She seems to be really enjoying the car getting into owning a performance motor. (old car was a 106 Quicksilver)

And guess what..........some useless pr!ck scraped it in her work car part and kindly drove away. Had a quote and £300 to get it back to normal. Front bumper needs re-positioning, respraying and passenger side wheel arch need respraying!!!!

Bearing in mind that she works for a very big company where the staff all drive decent cars and they don't have the courtesy to leave their details and do the honest thing.

Fuming is not the word!!!! :( :(

Not being funny but she IS female right? You sure the story is true? No disrespect intended but they do scrape cars for fun, in my experience, and they are all devious mofos :D

133/225/CLS AMG
The marks won't polish out!! :( its taken the paint right off, down to the black plastic underneath!!

Trust me, it wasn't her. The reaction she had when I pointed it out as it was pure shock and she was totally gutted. If she'd done it, she certainly would have noticed as well!!!

133/225/CLS AMG
al said:
She didn't notice? :S

Thats right!!!!

She's walked up to the drivers side, got in and driven to my house. Parked up and come walked past the damaged part of the car. Its then as we've walked back to the car that we've seen the damage.

Its not obvious like the bumper was hanging off! :S

Monaco Blue Mk2
Nightmare mate, know just how it feels, happend to me a couple of times and also my mum and dads car too. Disgusting. If she works at a big company though is there not cctv on the car park. Should be able to get hold of the footage of the day in question and find the culprit.

Hi there, I would tell her to check every single car in the car park tomorrow and to find out who is not in work or which car has not came in, likely they may keep it at home or take it to garage to get fixed.

M2 Competition
chris'172 said:
Hi there, I would tell her to check every single car in the car park tomorrow and to find out who is not in work or which car has not came in, likely they may keep it at home or take it to garage to get fixed.

Or look for one with a blue scrape on it, and tell a white lie and say you saw them do it.

Or get a blue touch-up stick, smear blue paint on someones car, and frame them for it... !

Lol

Renaultsport 220T
No CCTV camera in the work carpark?

Might be worthwhile doing a tour tomorrow, and look for the car with all the blue paint on it.

;)

133/225/CLS AMG
Framing someone for it isn't a bad plan, she works with a right old b!tch whose just got a Z4 haha.

This happend mid last week and she did a tour of the car park to see if there was any blue paint anywhere. Couldn't see any evidence on anyone elses car.

No CCTV either so it looks like its just another cost that has to be paid out.

What frustrates me so much is that its the people who don't care about cars and use them as literally getting from A to B that take the least care. They can't just consider that it might be someon elses pride and joy so just don't care about it!!

Is there a notice board where she can put a big poster up asking if anyone saw it?
At best some one will say yes, at worst the person who did it will feel guilty.

133/225/CLS AMG
Knowing some of the people she works with they probably don't give a sh!t!! I used to work for the same company last year.

She had an e-mail sent round the company but no one saw or knew anything. Just one of those crappy events where you have to just get on with it! :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Aww that's a really horrible thing to happen. I bet she is gutted. I know I would be. It really is amazing how so many people just don't care what they do to your car. This is why company car owners sometimes make me really lose my cool, as 'some' of them don't give a sh*t. This is probaby the case this time too. GITS!

I was parked in Argos car park in Weybridge a few weeks back. I was just walking back to my car when I saw this git getting into his black golf. As he opened the door he hit my drivers door. I heard the bang and started to walk really quickly towards him (yelling at him). I couldn't believe what happened next, he slammed his door and didn't even give his passeneger time to get into her seat or close the door properly before he took off! I didn;t get his reg number as he took off too quickly, but fortunately he didn't damage the car too much, a little baby dent and a scratch. I was still really annoyed though!

'She had an e-mail sent round the company but no one saw or knew anyting'. More like no-one wanted to 'admit' anything. It really makes me angry! :mad:

TT 225
I had a similar thing happen to me, except I found the culprit, the receptionist had metallic blue paint and a big dint in her door where she'd reversed into my car..

Sent a sarcastic email to the whole company about whoever hit it must have noticed the blue paint that had appeared on theirs, and she came and admitted liability that morning.

Still annoying that she would of tried to ignore it if I hadn't of kicked up a fuss!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I know this feeling too well,someone left me with £1,500 damage in the car park 2/3 months ago..never owned up either the git.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Dubai182 said:
I know this feeling too well,someone left me with £1,500 damage in the car park 2/3 months ago..never owned up either the git.

:eek: Bloody hell! That's some car park ding.

I remember years ago when I had my Viva, some idiot backed into my car whilst I was still sitting in it. I tooted the t**t but he didn't notice (or pretended not to) and reversed abit more, so I started my car, shoved it in 1st gear and floored the throttle and nudged him forwards putting a nice dent in his bumper. The sod got out and started to have a go, I then asked him what the hell he thought I was tooting him for, just for the fun of it? I explained he'd hit my car and blatantly ignored it. I think the fact I was taking none of his bollox scared him a little and he pissed off. My Viva being and old car and built like a tank (compared to new cars today) suffered no damage at all! Lmfao

i must have 4 bigish parking dents in mine. it does take the piss. you look after it. wash/polish it and some idoit who doesnt give a s**t because 'his' is a company car (why would he care) to open doors etc onto it. grrrh makes me mad. wish work would give me a car. i'd look after it like it was my own...