ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 37,000 mile

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
“WBAC has valued it at £4585”

You’d need to pay they c***s more than that to take it off you the state its in🤣

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Don't get why people dont just put it on ebay if they don't have a set price 🤦

Just wasting people's time

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Minion Yellow
I think because he had loads of interest, he now thinks he has the opportunity to make more money out of it

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Nobody concerned that the pics have clearly been taken in a travellers camp?!
I’d be running a mile from this car / shady deal.......

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182
Guy seems to sell a load of cars all from different places with terrible photos, seems slightly odd.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if there's any MOT history on file, any way to verify the claim of 37,000.

If that cleans up OK and things stack up, with that miles it's decent.

Still needs a good grand in service jobs, wheels refurbishing, 4 new tyres and and unknown number of brake and suspension parts.

Decent low mile cars bring good money, but they've gotta be properly decent cos the people that pay good money for them have a keen eye for detail.

Last edited:

steve99ben

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
If it was all sorted as there is a similar one on eBay with 43,000 someone is selling for £10k. Shame if it is dodgy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Bloke’s a wet wipe.

Everyone on Facebook moaning that he keeps changing the price or blanking people that offer his full asking price.

Typical greedy banger trader that’s scared to commit because of his fear of loss.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the front lights.

Which you'd normally think would polish out, but I've never seen the plastic go that yellow before and be saved.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's either going go two ways after the buyer washes it.

Absolutely mint with loads of history and no rust.

Or the opposite.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does look to be dusty grime so it's probably been dry and has a good chance of being rust free.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No MOT since 2013, but strangely last taxed until May 2021. I thought they were running it at first with the background noise. Does look more honest in the video tbf.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So zero history, and is it me, or the front looks bombarded with stone chips?

Thought that. If that was 3k now I still wouldn't buy it.

Wouldn't buy it anyway tbf (in before the comments.)

Looks like a nice scratch on the drivers door too

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Minion Yellow
Thought that. If that was 3k now I still wouldn't buy it.

Wouldn't buy it anyway tbf (in before the comments.)
There is a lot of work to do. Like someone said, you nees tyres, cambelt, deep clean, change all fluids, see if any of the rubber components perished. It might be low mileage, but I would go for one with more mileage and better life.

And to be honest, to start a car after 9 years, before doing a full change of fluids its crazy from my point of view.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
why hasn’t the owner done anything to make it more sellable? The way he took out the manuals was really weird what was he trying to show. I mean he knows it’s worth good money in clean working condition. It’s not worth three grand I mean it wasn’t stored because it was an appreciating classic, it was stored because it was not worth fixing when it went horribly wrong by the looks of it, the paint is so bad it must have been resprayed as it’s all flakey and mankey. I see cars advertised all the time that look perfect in photos and then look like they are a write off when you see them in real life, if that car looks that bad on the video the real deal will be horrendous.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
why hasn’t the owner done anything to make it more sellable? The way he took out the manuals was really weird what was he trying to show. I mean he knows it’s worth good money in clean working condition. It’s not worth three grand I mean it wasn’t stored because it was an appreciating classic, it was stored because it was not worth fixing when it went horribly wrong by the looks of it, the paint is so bad it must have been resprayed as it’s all flakey and mankey. I see cars advertised all the time that look perfect in photos and then look like they are a write off when you see them in real life, if that car looks that bad on the video the real deal will be horrendous.
Just looks like the paint work is wet not knackered?

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Just looks like the paint work is wet not knackered?
Possibly but what makes me think otherwise is the bonnet and the passenger side wing, the yellowing on the plastics would point to it being stored in direct sunlight and not inside as that’s damage done by uv rays. But it’s hard to tell, I hope someone on here buys this I would love to see it restored by an enthusiast with an accompanying build thread. But the kind of person who would buy this car wouldn’t give £3000 they would look at the parts value and add a chancers % that it’s fixable. Maybe a YouTuber might buy this for content.