ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 air con - not resistor pack/controls!

clio sport 182 ff
my 182 blowers don't work

Summary: resistor pack works, blower motor works, fuses fine, relay replaced - what do I check to confirm the loom is broken?

bought the car and the resistor pack wasn't plugged in, I plugged it in and it blew on full blast constantly, so I got on here and diagnosed it as faulty resistor pack.
bought a new resistor pack online, fitted it, then had no blowers at all.
bought a new cc panel in case this was the problem - no change
bought another resistor pack from a different place in case I bought a dud, still not working
went to a scrappy and bought another cc panel and resistor pack that were working, and still not fixed.
found some bodged wiring from the cc panel to the air distribution motors under the centre console, replaced that as well - tried every combination of all the resistor packs/cc panels I have - still not working.
rechecked all fuses in case something had blown since installing new bits - all fine.
bought a new relay in case that was the problem, still not working. (if someone could post a picture of their relay that would be helpful - the one in my car is pink and all i've seen online are yellow so I have a feeling it might be the wrong type of relay)

I've got a multimeter and the 3 resistor packs i've bought look to be working, the original one is defo broken.

If I short pins 1 and 5, the blower motor runs so that's not the problem.

What do I check next?
Is it the loom? if so, which part of the loom do I replace?

I can use a multimeter to check connections if someone points me in the right direction!

any help much appreciated, i'm at a loss for what to do next, if anyone can help or show me some wiring diagrams that would be awesome!

cheers

Joe

clio sport 182 ff
Just measured 12v to the motor so must be the motor - weird that it doesn't work with 12v but does work if i use the old broken resistor pack! maybe that provides more current? i'll go check on different fan speeds to see if the voltage drops.
Is there any way to fix the old motor or is it better to replace?

clio sport 182 ff
just checked on different fan speeds and there's 12v at all times, even when the control panel is off :S am I testing it right?

clio sport 182 ff
found another thread that mentions it could be caused by the under dash servo motors and the connectors on one of mine has broken - could be the problem?

also noticed that the recirculation flap goes anti-clockwise every time the ignition is switched on - doesn't respond to anything pressed on the climate control panel, neither do any of the other servo motors.

any ideas?

clio sport 182 ff
got another blower motor and that hasn't fixed it either. both blowers work. got another relay while i was there in case it was the wrong one - tested voltages more, with the new resistor pack I get 12.6V on the positive wire going to the motor (to ground), 12.5V on the negative wire going to motor (to battery positive) on the old broken resistor pack I get 12.6V on each. This is with the fan speed set to 1 bar. SO it looks like the problem is that with the new resistor pack we're not getting enough current to the blower motor, which means that the resistor pack must be receiving the wrong information from the control panel. new control panel though, so it must be the wiring.

i reckon it's the green/yellow wires from the grey connector on the cc panel that merge into the loom somewhere, as they're the only relevant wires - black is ground, red is live, the other two control the recirculation flap.

do i need a new interior loom to replace the section that attaches to the climate control panel with the grey connector?

clio sport 182 ff
solved this by getting a new interior loom - I shorted out the wires mentioned in previous post to the relevent ones on the grey connector behind the climate control panel to no avail, so it looks like the problem was somewhere between the wiring to the climate control panel that wasn't allowing the climate control to send a signal.

anyway, took out basically the entire inside of the car to get the loom out, then did it again on a car from a scrappy, then swapped them over (easier said than done) and hey presto it worked! got the loom and another lower dash section while i was there for only 50 quid - not bad!

clio 182
Unsure if your still on here. But this is the only thread that seems to match my problem but with severe lack of scrappies near me do you have any pics/info on the loom or part of the loom I need to buy?