ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 airbox removal?

Nothing at the mo :(
Hey all, BMC here soon and trying to find out what tools i would need to remove the whole airbox? and how to do it? Thanks

Black Gold Trophy
I'm in horley if you want a hand, but youll need a flat blade screw driver, a 10mm socket and a T40 (i think) torx bit.

On a side note, I honestly doubt the BMC will be any better than the standard airbox, my mate reckoned he had a severe power loss when his was fitted.

Nothing at the mo :(
Err a screwdriver to undo the jubilee clip....

That's it.

so the whole airbox is held on by the thotle body? lol

I'm in horley if you want a hand, but youll need a flat blade screw driver, a 10mm socket and a T40 (i think) torx bit.

On a side note, I honestly doubt the BMC will be any better than the standard airbox, my mate reckoned he had a severe power loss when his was fitted.

Cool mate :p dunno how far horley is from me ... and dont think i got socket sets >.<

Black Gold Trophy
Well it's right on the border of crawley, west sussex.. you'll need sockets for sure, airbox is secured by two 10mm bolts, but rarely comes out in one piece, a lot easier to remove it in two and undo the 6 or 7 torx screws holding it together

Not got a car
Right

unscrew the Jublee clips x 2 take off the 90 degree hose, also pull off the oil breather hose thats on the 90 degree plastic hose, this runs to the back.

x 2 10mm bolts at the front and back of the box

disconnect the air feed that goes to the valve near the arch, it will just pull out the box.

you may want to take the lid of the box i think as its easier to get the box out then, they are torx heads, not sure on size.

Its really not that hard at all.

As long as you have a good cold air feed you shouldn't notice any loss of performance. In fact this time of year should see an increase in performance due to the colder air supply. If you just love the sound of an Induction system then you won't regret fitting the BMC.