ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 alarm keeps going off



  182
it used to go off after a couple hours of locking it then it would keep doing it. i have done the thing where you turn the ignition on off 3 times then lock it and it bleeps 4 times. this turns off the inside sensors? the alarm doesn't go off after i do that. so is there a easy way to fix this or is it expensive and better to just keep doing this. cheers
 
  16v 1.6 Clio MK2
The 2 little black sensors have 2 wires going into them.
Wired one way is 70% sensitive. The other way is 30%. Its a renault trick basically just swap the wires around. Most allready are since in warrentys people were getting peed off and got renault to sort it
 
Mine sometimes goes off when I am driving it, looks like I have stolen the car!! It is as if the alarm arms itself as soon as it un-arms. And if that Imprezza who parks by me at home drives up to my car and gives it a bit of throttle to set my alarm off again I am going to scream at him!!!
 
  182
The 2 little black sensors have 2 wires going into them.
Wired one way is 70% sensitive. The other way is 30%. Its a renault trick basically just swap the wires around. Most allready are since in warrentys people were getting peed off and got renault to sort it
The two either side the windscreen? Theres only cable in each.
 

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Try the rear boot lock under the slam panel.

Mine was going crazy and it took me ages to work it out and it tuned out to be a broken wire

IMG_2956.gif


IMG_2967.gif
 
  182
ah yeh. i will have a look at that tomorrow. before the alarm started going off it used to sometimes do a long bleep when i locked it. like something was not closed??
 


Top