ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 alarm

nothing too serious.

but when i lock the car somethimes it makes a bleeping noise, and sometimes it doesnt make a bleeping noise.

is this noise telling me i havent looked the doors properly cause if you try to set the alarm with the door wide open then it makes a constant bleep.

any ideas?

Ford Fiesta

yes wait a few seconds before locking for the alarm to "catch" up with the door shutting.

dk

911 GTS Cab

my dad keeps telling me that the alarm beeps at him when he locks it after moving it, never happens to me, although sometime i set the alarm off by opening my door too quickly after unlocking the doors.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it bleeps 3 times, usually not at all tho. I was chatin to a guy at the FCS the other week and his did the same. He said he took it back to his dealer and it seems theres an earth fault with them, like the alarms earthed to the battery and not the bodywork...?.. or something like that. Hes not in the club yet, his name was Steve. Hada silver 182 with cup pack. Not hada chance to see my dealer about it yet.

Leon TDI

My 172 does this. Its somrthing to do with the alarm getting out of sync with the doors, when theyre opened or closed quickly before the alarm is fully activated/deactivated.

Well, according to my dealer anyway . . .

well its only started to happen last few days. only had the car a week.

doesnt happen all the time but quite often.

i thought i was setting the alarm too quickly so today i left the car unlocked for about 10 seconds and then tryed to lock it, it still bleeped 3 times.

will mention it when i take it to reno, as also the trip computer isnt showing how many miles i have left in the tank. All the other ones like mpg and average mph etc etc are ok

dk

911 GTS Cab

does it have less than 35 miles left in the tank, as it will go blank after you get down to your last 30-35 miles?

Is the alarm meant to beep?

Mine doesnt, the only indication of that fact it works is that the LED is flashing. It certainly doesnt appear to be working as washing the car with the car locked doesnt set it off.

dk

911 GTS Cab

if you want to set it off to make sure it is working, try and open the door as soon as you press the transponder and the alarm will not have time to disarm and will go off.

225 & Audi S4

hello all, i have the same trouble with my 182, if i lock the door too quickley it goes fuuny or if i open the door after i have unlocked it, it will set the alarm off, does anyone have sat nav in their clio 172 or 182, love to find out, mines pretty good, have used it loads of times

dk

911 GTS Cab

no, couldnt afford it, but i do have tomtom navigator with ipaq satnav which works just as well, just doesnt look as good!

225 & Audi S4

how much did you pay for the tomtom, ours was factory fitted it cost £1500, it looks pretty good, but sometimes talks a lot of crap, like when i was driving back from birmingham, it told me to do a u turn i was on the m25 that was funny, my sat nav has a name she called rosie, such a sweetie, how about yours dave

Ford Fiesta

littleone, Ive ordered this sat nav is it the colour carminat system from renault. Ive been looking for some one who can give me details of this, so going to PM you. :) Pick my 182 up next tuesday!!!!;)

does it have TMC codes as standard mate, you know what this is I presume? also where is the cd rom install is it in the boot, any chance of a pic? do you have 6 disc changer also?

225 & Audi S4

sorry mate very new to this what does TMC code mean, and what do you mean by PM you, yes we have a 6 disc changer under the left front seat, the cd rom goes in the boot, its tucked away on the left side, it has a little case to protect it, make sure they tune your sat nav cd disc in english as it comes in french as standard, check it before you leave the garage, cause we had a problem with the disc, so they had to re-order another one, let me know if you need any help on it, it was quite confussing to set at first, no pics just yet sorry.

no i filled it up and did 50 miles still doesnt show anything just -- --

done 300 miles and it has never displayed anything

My 182 has been into the dealer twice about this it is an earthing fault. They ficed it but promptly broke the main beam lights and wrecked the dash which means it goes in again next week. 2 more days in a 1.2 dynamique DOH!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by littleone on 07 June 2004

how much did you pay for the tomtom, ours was factory fitted it cost £1500, it looks pretty good, but sometimes talks a lot of crap, like when i was driving back from birmingham, it told me to do a u turn i was on the m25 that was funny, my sat nav has a name she called rosie, such a sweetie, how about yours dave
mine didnt actually cost me anything, got it free though work which was convenient as it would have cost me about £500. It is very good, but doesnt look as nice as the inbuilt one, but is transferrable between cars etc. Also I wanted the spoiler pack and you cant have both. I would really like the one you have though, very cool!

Oh and I havent named mine mate.