ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 almost 3 years on, I don't like it...

Astra VXR 17/05/07
It was around this time 3 years ago that my love affair with the 182 began, I ordered mine without ever seeing one as they were not available. I ordered mine on the strength of how good the 172 was, if the 182 was an improvement over the 172 then it was safe to order one without even seeing a brochure surely ?

I have not regretted buying one once, mine (Touch wood) has even avoided rattles and build quality issues. The only problem I have had over my 3 years is the Alarm (Still) goes off by itself sometimes. My dealership also deserve a pat on the back, whenever I pop in the salesgirl always comes over and asks how the car is. Top class after sales.

I don't use my 182 on a daily basis, she spends her time in my garage in between and basically comes out for a blast then goes back under wraps, this sometimes bothers me because I'd love to use the car every day, however the novelty of this car has never worn off and I come back every single time I use this car reminded of just how good it is. The upside to owning a car that spends most of it's life in a garage is that it is absolutely mint, it is honestly as good condition now as the day i picked it up, I was out in it this afternoon and still see lots of heads turning, even now. I get bored quickley and this is the longest I have owned any car but I have not had even a hint of boredom, even now I turn back for a sneaky look when I park up.

I don't give a flying fig about brand loyalty and at the time of buying all i cared about was buying the best small hatch available, every now and then over the last 3 years i go and see what's on offer and have liked a few of what I have seen but as soon as I step back into my 182 I get reminded of what a fantastic car it is and wonder why I even considered looking at anything else !

So 3 years on (Almost) and I am still smitten with my 182, I still have my moments where i get weak and check newer rivals out but 10 minutes back behind the wheel remind me how mad I must be to want rid, after all this time I don't like my 182.... I LOVE it !!

Despite my total lack of badge loyalty, I will always thank Renault for producing such a fantastic small hatch. This car is so good, It's going to take one hell of a car to finally split us up !!!

106 GTi
Whats the mileage on it know?

Know what you mean, not driven mine for weeks, but am going for a cross Cotswolds run tommorrow in it and can't wait, been looking forward to it all day. Not using it everyday means it has never lost the magic and feels like a new car each time I use it.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
The mileage on mine has just hit 11,000. I live pretty much out in the sticks and hardly any of my miles are motorway so it's a bundle of fun every time.

I know what you mean Rich, It honestly does feel like a new car everytime I use it !

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Feels like a new car Rich? You know why that is?? Because it is with 4,500 miles on!! lol.

tiTTy & SV650
good stuff, I'll have had mine 3 years come June and still love it. Haven't got any plans to change anytime soon. 31k miles at the mo sadly.

M

mini-valver

You have to stay below about 4k then, not even worn in Rich!
Can't wait till my Nova is done for an odd blast down a b road with the 40's snorting, hate having to drive the same car day in day out.
Would love the feeling youve just described, forgetting just how GOOD a car is and never getting bored!

Megane 230 R26
I'm still loving mine just as much as when I got it, even though I drive it nearly every day... but last night it felt extra good blasting home from work it, having driven a Honda Civic CDTI back from Banbury to Oxford, not a bad car in itself but just not a patch on the 182 :D Also it was a fire service vehicle so I had to be 110% sure I wasn't going to get a ticket!

We got stuck dealing with a chemical spill in Banbury for 8 hours and didn't get back to station until 20:45 after crews drove up in cars to relieve us, we normally finish at 18:15... So it felt good being able to get home so rapidly to put my feet up and have some dinner!

never forget the day i bought the 172 cup test drove by the misses back then and she said its rapid never test drove it, took it on the motoway on the way home and boy h boy i thought i was on heaven wooooooo now have the 182 and treat it like a lady

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Can't help but agree here; I've had my 182 now 18 months, bought it brand new and (thanks partly to a four-mile-round-trip commute) i've only done 8,900 miles in mine.

Like the OP, I still get a huge smile every time I chuck it into a corner, I still love the handling and the way it drives.

And yes, often after parking up and walking away, I still turn the head for a sneaky glance! I spend far too much time cleaning and polishing (I don't have a garage to keep mine in, so no choice!! :dapprove:

Even now, with a couple of interior rattles I can forgive all; when you drive the 182, it just makes you smile! :cool:

Racing Blue 182
Get in a VX220 lol, you will soon go off the 182 llol

Glad to see your loving it, i get bored of cars after 6 months lol

silver cup packed FF 182
glad your still loving your 182,im in the same boat kinda,dont drive it everyday but drive it back and forth to g/f's couple times during the week,but have owned my 182 since june06 and sometimes feels like a new car everytime i drive it lol.

Phase One 172
I drive a diesel day in-day out and it just doesnt cut it the same as any petrol ive driven. Boring. Souless. No character. I think thats why people enjoy the clio so much. The car (and engine) have character and its a more involving experience...

Just come back from a blast accross the peak district in my 1.2 16v and I love it! Its nippy enough with just me in it and you can still overcook it in the twisties, enough power to put a smile on my face, and I only used a tenners worth of petrol (did 80 miles).

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Apart from Rich being a total hermit with his car, I think we all love to drive our cars as often as poss, still love mine after 1 year and 45k miles.