ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and acivic type r

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
cossie dave said:
fook me only ad car a day been fooked by a v6 vectra now a fookin 05 plate civic type r

Did you remember to turn on the flux capacitor?.....:rolleyes:

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Ithink its just a case of getting used to the car CossieDave, i've realised this with the Clio in the last few weeks...

Take Care.

M2 Competition
Because you've posted a racing tale in broken english, and the people here are fussy mate.

Most racing tales end up in arguments, or the person who's thread it is gets slated, so i wouldnt bother with them.

Hence why i think they shouldnt be allowed.

v6 vectra!!!!!.......sod me ,165 bhp and 1420 kg's ,standing 1/4 mile in a plodding 17 seconds
182, 180 bhp 1080 kg's,standing 1/4 mile in 14.8 seconds.
Absolutely no comparison,either your clio is knackered or you seriously cant drive.
If none of the above then you were in the wrong gear ,he was in the right gear and he had also got on the gas first or got the jump on you.
I saw a veccy gsi run at pod ,the 200 bhp model ,and it couldnt even get under 16 seconds, rflmao.

R26r R26
Does it really matter what is quickest?At the end of the day the Clio looks better than anything else on the road so who cares?

172 Exclusive... For Sale
ROB 172 SPORT said:
Does it really matter what is quickest?At the end of the day the Clio looks better than anything else on the road so who cares?

Of acquired taste, i think they're ugly, specially phase1 mk 2. I hope this is not like a can of worms.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
ROB 172 SPORT said:

Bloomin Eck ! I love my 182 but i wouldn`t say it looks better than anything else on the road !

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
dave b said:
v6 vectra!!!!!.......sod me ,165 bhp and 1420 kg's ,standing 1/4 mile in a plodding 17 seconds
182, 180 bhp 1080 kg's,standing 1/4 mile in 14.8 seconds.
Absolutely no comparison,either your clio is knackered or you seriously cant drive.
If none of the above then you were in the wrong gear ,he was in the right gear and he had also got on the gas first or got the jump on you.
I saw a veccy gsi run at pod ,the 200 bhp model ,and it couldnt even get under 16 seconds, rflmao.

no one disputed the outline acceleration of the 182,or the handling.
If you can though,try keeping with one over say 80mph on a motorway

ian

Nissan 350Z
Must admit like, i did have a play with an old shape vectra v6 once, and i was always catching up at any speed, but i did have to try, as you would expect.

Standard for standard, the clio IS quicker than the old shape Vectra V6.

christurbo said:
I wasnt talking about the guy who posted the thread... I was talking about the other comments about boy racing.

Call me 'dumb ass' and a 'tit' to my face.

I know, but who cares. My point is you cant say racing is irresponsible and that you'd then pull someone over and give em a hiding... well you can, but you'd just sound silly.

I'd call anyone (and frequently do!) a dumb ass or tit to their face, what's wrong with that? :rasp:

hang around on CS, you'll see loads of these thread, don't let them get to you or you'll be up on assault charges after about 4 threads ;)

Clio 172 mk2
chiefsilverback said:
I always enjoy the 'beat a Porsche/Ferrari etc..' stories. People forget that at the end of the day, the other person IS driving a Porsche/Ferrari etc..!!!!

That IS the point

BTT for more sensible input and chat:D

CTR--VX220D
hang around on CS, you'll see loads of these thread, don't let them get to you or you'll be up on assault charges after about 4 threads

lol :eek:

I think I wont bother reading them then!

Honda Civic Type R
not sure what you mean about pulling a nats c*ock from me to 60 but all i know is standard vs standard there will be nothing in it whatsoever. ctr 6.4 vs clio cup 6.5. they would be the same upto 80 i would say but round bends most clio cup's should be able to slightly pull on a type r (if driven properly) mainly due to slightly superior handling and the fact that the ctr often slips out of the powerband

christurbo said:
lol :eek:

I think I wont bother reading them then!

thing is you can't avoid it... a thread about build quality can quickly turn into "Clio 182's got s**t interior, but it's faster and handles better than 'x' car" lol

nearly everyone on here races though, I've been to CS meets enough times to know that no matter who is there, they will be up for a 'comparison'... FCS05 was f**king mental, never seen so many potential accidents waiting to happen! :eek:

ian 182 said:
no one disputed the outline acceleration of the 182,or the handling.
If you can though,try keeping with one over say 80mph on a motorway

ian

i could anniahilate one at any speed ,even more so over 80 mph!!!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Tomorrow should be interesting takin my bro-in-law to pick up his new car (a ctr) takin him down in my 172 cup. Not a big racer but lets be honest were both bound to give it a little stick on the way home :eek: . Lookin forward to drivin it and seein how they compare

wot a bunch of real w*****s here is on this site u lot make me laugh ffs i only ad the car one day i know its close with a ctr and the guy with the vectra who i ve been in his car with him today is quick so all u that ave been slati me fcuk off and get a lif beyond a clio

Vee dub
christurbo said:
Nope I didnt.... But I dont brag about bullsh*t stories on a public forum either.

Who gives a sh*te who's car is the fastest.... the guys who a couple of you are 'racing' against probably think you are a pr1ck for trying it on.

I have loads of it when I'm out in the VX and CTR - up my ass waiting for me to boot it.... Id rather pull over and knock the f**ker out.

If you want to compare your car and driving skill spend £100+ and take it to the track... you'll soon see who's the fastest.

PS.. The above doesnt apply for most people on here, as its a really helpful and friendly forum - top marks..... It applies for only a few.

Chris :)

Totally agree Chris

This thread is b****cks.. makes the club look stupid imo

Nissan 350Z
cossie dave said:
wot a bunch of real w*nkers here is on this site u lot make me laugh ffs i only ad the car one day i know its close with a ctr and the guy with the vectra who i ve been in his car with him today is quick so all u that ave been slati me fcuk off and get a lif beyond a clio

:S

Well if you dont like it mate, you know what to do.

Whenever i see one race post after another from someone with that kind of writing style, i realise why some of these cars have the image they do.

:(

Golf R soon...
Harry182 said:
I've only just got my 182 and had a play with a ctr the other night. we left town (witney) both overtaking cars. we then got on to a longer but mildly twisty road and he left me....... he seemed to push it harder round corners than i would. i don't feel very confident in the car yet. does this come with time????

What road would that been then my friend ;)

cossie dave said:
wot a bunch of real w*nkers here is on this site u lot make me laugh ffs i only ad the car one day i know its close with a ctr and the guy with the vectra who i ve been in his car with him today is quick so all u that ave been slati me fcuk off and get a lif beyond a clio

I would respond to that but I dont actually know what you just said :D

CTR--VX220D
TheJesus said:
thing is you can't avoid it... a thread about build quality can quickly turn into "Clio 182's got sh*t interior, but it's faster and handles better than 'x' car" lol

nearly everyone on here races though, I've been to CS meets enough times to know that no matter who is there, they will be up for a 'comparison'... FCS05 was f**king mental, never seen so many potential accidents waiting to happen! :eek:

Well im just not used to that....

.... Im used to meeting up with the Lotus club or VX club, having a chat and comparing mods etc, then all going on a run, pub lunch, then run back home.

Im 26 and feel like an old barsteward!!!!!

cossie dave said:

This is my first and quite possibly my last post on this site, i have been hanging around for a few days 'observing' as i have been considering downgrading to a mk1 172 and i was told this could well be my best source of information. I won't tell you what i own already as that will probably only serve to infuriate a few of the members who are slightly more mentally challenged than others! Anyhow, from the bits i can understand from cossie dave's post, he is absolutely on the button! What a set of narrow minded prats! Every thread i read is the same b*llocks! Some of you genuinely seem to know your stuff but a hell of a lot of you need to get out, drive some cars and form an opinion of your own instead of being ruled by opinions from magazines, TV shows and forums!

:rolleyes: A very disappointed Mick534!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Bye mick.

Anyway a v6 vectra is a quick car over 80mph.Its easy a match for a 182/172..

ian