ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Anthracite Alloy Weight

GW 200
I've had a search for this but can't find anything.

Does anyone know the weight of a standard 16" 182 anthracite alloy without tyre, valve etc. I keep being told completely different weights that vary by about 5kg!

Any help would be much appreciated, want to compare it to lower weight alloys :)

GW 200

Sorry, ignore me. With rushing on and offline at work i thought you meant all four wheels! :eek:

anyways, so a 205/45/16 tyre approximately weighs 8.5Kg plus alloy at about 7.5Kg equals about 16Kg a corner. Quite hefty :eek:

GW 200
Thanks murcod, much appreciated!

So its safe to say including air, valve, balancing weights your talking about 18.5Kg of weight on each corner of my car. A lot! :eek:

Would you really notice a difference if I changed to 16" speedlines for example?

b/g 182, meg tourer
i notice a difference lifting my ultraleggaras on to fit them rather than the bloody heavy 182 wheels!
brake fade was reduced too. it did change the way the car drove a little. felt slightly snappier.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Heavy enough for my dad to drop one of my mint wheels at the start of the year, face down, onto the loose stone part of our drive.

:mad:

Thanks murcod, much appreciated!

So its safe to say including air, valve, balancing weights your talking about 18.5Kg of weight on each corner of my car. A lot! :eek:

Would you really notice a difference if I changed to 16" speedlines for example?

You won't really notice any difference until you ditch the 16's and go for 15's but if you go for smaller ones they will clear the front brakes and plus you have the bonus of tyres being much cheaper £110 each for PE2's or £50 odd for something decent in 15's.

Depends if you want show or go........

;)

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
182 anthracite wheels are about 9,6-9,8 kilos, can't remember exactly but for sure they're not lighter than 9,6. the speedlines turini are about 8,8 kgs each.
so if you want some significant weight reduction go for ultraleggeras (16"- 6,6 kg)

RSC 182 Cup
I'm changing over to 15" Ultraleggeras and stand to lose 4kg per wheel/ tyre combo running them with 205/50R15 tyres!