ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Best track car...?

Cupped 182 with Recaros
My Dad was at Brands last week to arrange a corporate day and met the guy in charge of their track days. As you can imagine, he's driven most cars you'd care to mention round the track there and rates the Clio 182 with Cup Suspension as the best by quite a margin! Says it is the most fun car he's ever driven.

Am taking my 182 to Bedford Autodrome in November to try it out for myself...

1998 BMW e46 323i
has this guy not driven many cars then? Surely a caterham 7 or lotus elise would put a bigger grin on your face??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
has this guy not driven many cars then? Surely a caterham 7 or lotus elise would put a bigger grin on your face??

Quicker with more grip definitely...but more fun?

I can't imagine one of them ^^^ going down Paddock Hill with 3/4 turn of opposite lock lap after lap after lap.

Having sat in the passenger seat of a 182 Cup with John Hayman at the wheel (writes for Evo and races) round Brands they're so friendly you can just take liberties without being bitten.

E91 M Sport
The guy must like slow and forgivable FWD hatches then. Personally there would be a 100 other cars I'd prefer to take on track - only a couple of them would be FWD. Maybe he was just being tactful and wanted your dad to make a booking? ;)

Maybe he was just talking in that category? If he's a genuine guy he's likely to flatter the 182 in the company of a 182 driver, not wax lyrical about how he pwned one in an F40 one time :D

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
He was probbaly doped up then. Theres no way that car could outclass a Ferrari 355 or a caterham of some sort.

Tangoed Works
f**k me, you lot love blowing things out of proportion. Its all realtive. For what the car is and for the price it is, it is very capable, lots of fun and pretty quick, every thing taken into account.

Obviously its not going to be better than a 100K+ Ferrari, but for a cheap to run, useable every day car, it must be one of the best.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its all relative to the driver, the conditions etc but the latest generation of hot hatches are incredibly good fun, carry good speed and are pretty forgiving when pushed.

You might say a Porsche 997 GT3 Cup would be more fun but then would it? Would it be a bit scarey? A bit daunting? A bit too fast? Out of the box the Clio is a stunning little car but having owned both sides of the coin - I prefer my open 2 rear wheel drive kit car.

Then again - I couldn't go to work, do the shopping, go see friends, etc... in it.

Give and take. :)