ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Boot Won't Open

Hey guys I have a weird problem ; Yesterday I retrieved my notebook from my boot , closed it like I do every single other day but when I came back after a hard days work , to my surprise the boot will not open anymore.The actual <> Renault button feels stiff , and doesn't seem to have any give.

If any of you have had this problem before , lemme know.

Megane dci 130
Put your ear to the boot button and oporate the central locking. See if you can hear the solenoid working. If not, it will be that or wireing problem.

Hope this helps

Yeah I don't hear the central locking engaging . I'll let you guys know , what is up when one my buddies comes and checks it out.

Hi Update

Got the problem sorted.Mechanic did tests with his volt/ohm-meter and foudn that current was making it to the conenctions in the boot.He then turned his attention to the white little box next to the lock mechanism where the wiring lead to.There seems to be a little White Box located next to what I assume is the magnet/lock that moves the actual lock mechanism.My mechanic opened up the white box and noticed that there was a broken rubber washer inside and cause (what we can assume) the little gears to stopped rotating.After replacing the rubber washer , and some WD-40 it works like a charm again.