ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 burst shocker!

Lee

BMW M2C

Provided youve not changed the springs then I cant see them arguing against it being done under warranty.

tiTTy & SV650

This happened to my offside rear shocker after about 7k miles (on a 182 also) it is covered under warranty. Make sure they get the right shocker i.e. if you have cup suspension make sure they get the cup shocker!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Wouldnt they need to change both sides? Seems a bit dodgy to change only one on a hot hatch as they will handle differently

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 14 February 2005

Wouldnt they need to change both sides? Seems a bit dodgy to change only one on a hot hatch as they will handle differently
so long as theyre the same shock I hardly think therell be any difference after 5k miles... unless the opposite shock has lost oil and if it has then its a warranty too!

MKIII 138

my rear shockers have gone since i added the eibach prolines on the 172. never just do springs and dont add springs then shocks. my advise is to go for a full coilover setup or a same brand spring/shock setup that are designed to work in harmony with each other.

im gettin coilovers nxt time.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 14 February 2005

how did you know the shocker had burst originally, ??, just so i can look out for my next problem LOL
Youll hear it start to sound bumpy from a corner, it gets worse and worse. If you look behind the rear wheels you can see the shocks coming down, if theres any sign of oil on the outer then a seals gone and youre losing oil from the shock.

[Edited by rory182 on 14 February 2005 at 1:38pm]

Anything from the fleet

Theyre standard Cup shocks, and the car is completely standard. I phoned reno and the guy was surprisingly helpful, even offering to get it in this afternoon! he said it would be warranty, and he would make sure it was Cup stuff that got ordered.

182-blue, at first i thought it was something in my boot but i checked the shock and it was covered in oil, started making a clonking noise going over bumps, and the handling is a bit unpredictable.

Anything from the fleet

Just to update - after being with reno for 2 days my car emerged all nice and clean with TWO new shocks!! Apparently the other one was leaking aswell, so they just replaced it while they were at it. All warranty work which was good! Then had a puncture. But at least it was easily repaired!

I knew renaults were unreliable, but these tales of woe appear every day here. I looked at a 182 cup the other day, very nice drive, looked good and sounded nice. The only thing i found was that it really didnt seem all that quick (maybe tight) but this reliability is really putting me off now.