ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Buying + Info required

Clio 182
Hi there,

In a few weeks time im going to be looking for a 182. I’m completely new to the Renault scene and was wondering what i should be looking for when buying a 182. What problems they have etc.

While I have been saving over the last few months I have seen some 182's that come with the recaro seats, this seems a bit rare. Are they simple to fit? Are they recaro trendlines? Also where is the best place to get a set?

Also do you have many Kent club meets like the polo forum I belong to?

Thanks James

MINI JCW
Welcome to Cliosport!

Some 182's do come with Recaro seats but they are rare, it is possible to swap the std seats though but Im not sure how easy it is to do.

As for common problems, usually there is nothing major and they will be covered under warranty. Such as the 4k rattle, enigne mounts and knocking when on full lock.

Just make sure you have a good inspection both inside and out and also make sure you have a good test drive to make sure everything seems ok

tiTTy & SV650
welcome, and enjoy. worst thing bout renos is the dealers usually.

Common faults are brake pressure sensor i.e. brake lights not coming on immediately when you brake leading to abs and stop lights coming on. Leaking shock absorbers, engine oil leak.

buy french buy twice! lol you will love it though.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to Clio Sport:D

There are lots of 182's for sale at the moment so you shouldn't have any problems getting a good example for a good price.

But finding one with Recaro seats will be a little harder to find.

Good luck.:D

leaking headlamp washers
engine mounts
exhausts
leaking rear shockers
creaky suspension
weak gearboxes with clunky changes
rear brake light sensor
tapping engines on idle

to name a few

182 has now gone!
So far I have had to have the traction control and abs sensor replaced, But least it was covered by the warrenty.. The automatic windscreen wipers can be a pain as well sometimes...:approve: but it doesnt put me off the car!!!! :D

182, GTR, C63
I'm picking mine up this tuesday as i just placed a deposit. One thing to look out for is imports and one way of telling is the logbook will not have an engine numer on so check that out.

Cant wait to pick it up i feel 7 years old on christmas eve again!!

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

Finding one with Recaros will not be as easy as finding normal models as they did'nt make that many, they do come up for sale though.

Info on retro fitting them is here, not cheap mind £1000 odd quid new

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95314

Faulty engine temp sensor causing the car to over fuel, and the rev limiter to cut in early is another common fault.