ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, Cat 1 alarm

Dodgy one
Ive just been informed that the non import Clio 182s have a Cat 1 alarm fitted as standard by renault. I was under the impression theyre a Cat 2 after checking Thatchams website, However IIRC Cat 2 only applies to immobilisers

Can someone confirm what is correct, Thanks

Rich

Dodgy one
Cat 2 immobiliser as standard on the Clio's and a Cat 1 alarm fitted.

Great news, just saved me £400 Thanks

Next question, where can i obtain proof to show this to my insurance company? they have asked me to get a Cat 1 fitted :S

Da

Less
No proof should be required. If the car is a full UK spec car (not an import) then it WILL have a Cat 1 alarm fitted.

Tell them to check their model specification details.

BMW M135i
If its an import then it won't have an alarm fitted. Do you have an led down by the gearstick?

There should be an installation certificate in with the manual to show its got a CAT1 alarm fitted.

BMW M135i
No proof should be required. If the car is a full UK spec car (not an import) then it WILL have a Cat 1 alarm fitted.

Tell them to check their model specification details.
They'll probably want the CAT1 cert though daz, as it'll be a condition of insuring the car at all.

Da

Less
Yeah I see the reckoning behind that Ben, but i have never been asked to provide proof. If it's a UK car it will have the alarm, who ever proves the Cat 2 immobiliser? ;)

BMW M135i
Adrian flux have always asked me for both, self declaration for the CAT 2 immobilser and the cert/declaration for the CAT1 alarm. Most mainstream insurers don't bother though in my experience.

Da

Less
I self declared my Cat 1 but it does have one, believe me! :)

I know people who have imports insured as UK cars and they obviously can't prove the alarm.

Dodgy one
It does have the LED by the gearstick :cool:

Ive ended up with Highway Insurance this time through Flux, I havent recieved my documents yet asking what i need to show.

In past experience when they say the cover is subject to a Cat 1 alarm theyre going to ask for proof, I was going to purchase a Clifford to go with blackjax i have fitted as i didnt know we had one.

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Cat 2 immobiliser as standard on the Clio's and a Cat 1 alarm fitted.

Great news, just saved me £400 Thanks

Next question, where can i obtain proof to show this to my insurance company? they have asked me to get a Cat 1 fitted :S

on www.parkers.co.uk look up renaultsport clio 182, then it will give you all the details from standard, and on it it includes alrm / immob fitted

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Adrian flux have always asked me for both, self declaration for the CAT 2 immobilser and the cert/declaration for the CAT1 alarm. Most mainstream insurers don't bother though in my experience.

directline didnt even ask me? i told them, and they said dont worry... if that's what you are telling us fitted from manufacturer then no prob ??
ummmm very laid back

BMW M135i

directline didnt even ask me? i told them, and they said dont worry... if that's what you are telling us fitted from manufacturer then no prob ??
ummmm very laid back
I imagine they'd suddenly be very bothered though if it got pinched. Thats what usually happens, if you claimed they'd want to see the cert then.

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
ummmm very laid back
I imagine they'd suddenly be very bothered though if it got pinched. Thats what usually happens, if you claimed they'd want to see the cert then.

think the lady from directline said, "if it was fitted as standard then dont worry becuase the details would come up on the computer" ??

Silver 182
My imported 182 has no alarm, AA weren't in the slightest bit bothered, just said as long is it's a European import (which it is) then as long as it's got all standard fit security then no worries.