ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cat help

Focus ST-2
Right guys bought a new exhaust system(blueflame cat back) , put it into day to get fitted, was quoted £35. Got a phone call this afternoon, you cat has a crack in it under some bracket. Should this be happening on a 2 year old car? cost me 90 buck in the end because the just welded it, so will need to get a new one, or do you think i could claim for it from renault?

£90 to weld it up there haing a laught should have told them to leave it and get it doen under warently.

You not get the money from Renault UK now there no proff if either needed doing its been done correctly plus what labour rate etc was used they are overcharging plus your warentl on your cat is now defunat as you've been welding it up.

BMW M3
Im guessing they charged him £55 for welding as it was 90 total.

What about getting the fitting place to write letter say ing they fixed it and try claim it back from renault uk?

tiTTy & SV650
mines gone in the exact same place, sticking a de-cat on soon, will patch it up myself for MOT time I think.

Its gone under the clamp towards the front of the cat i.e. downpipe side.

Mine was rusty as fook a while ago though, already had a lambda sensor go so kinda surprised my cat hadnt gone sooner. Doubt renault would warranty my cat though as cars 2.5 years old and its got a cat back zorst on it which they'd blame no doubt.

Focus ST-2
yeah 55 to weld. if i could have been arsed i could have got someone to do it at my work or done it myself. aww well sod it lol!!! anyone know how much a new cat is?

1.6 16v clio priv
your joking aernt you
Well i suppose not renault wanted £5.50 for a bolt. I forget which one but it was nothing special

tiTTy & SV650
sports cats can be had for around £200, second hand 182 cats for £100 and decats for £50-£75