ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Central Locking has a mind of its own

Hi
For the last couple of days my central locking appears to have developed a mind of its own. Some trips it will behave, i.e. I unlock it, drive off and it locks it self. Other trips I unlock it and drive off and it will unlock and lock itself CONSTANTLY for about 5 mins. Then this morning was close to disaster. I unlocked it, started it, then had to move the OH's car so i could get out of the drive and the car locked itself on the drive! Spare key dug out and I got back in to the car but I think its now time to get to the bottom of the problem as I'm now having visions of my car randomly unlocking itself in car parks. And given how loud the locking mechanism is it'd be announcing itself to every low life tea leaf in a 3 county area!!

Can anyone shed any light on the issue? is it a switch issue? relay? or something more hideous.

Thanks in advance