ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Clutch - creaking

Ive done a search which didnt reveal much, although I remember reading topics quite similar.

My clucth has started making a groaning/creaking noise. It feels like its inside the car until you wind the windows down and then its clearly also audible outside. It only happens when the car has been running for a while and everything is nicely hot.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Lionel Richie

dodgy cable?? have a look for the clutch cable in the engine bay, does it have a large brass weight on it???

Renault released a modified cable, but didnt really tell anyone lol!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine does it, but been to lazy to get it to renault. its a million times worse after a track day and its got really hot.

Mine does it aswell, I think its the bearing on the pressure plate. It is annoying but doesnt affect the operation in any way.

Chocolate Bar™

ive got something similar, but it only does it on hot days, or when its been used for a while.

renault said it was a wear and tear and wouldnt look at it :mad:

A creaking clutch that only does it when its hot, is wear and tear? LOL and you let them fob you off with that??