ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 coilovers which 1s?

golf r32 dsg
i have sum gaz coilovers on my 182 at the minite and the ride is a little bumpy n harsh....

which coilovers would everyone recommend?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
From what i've heard its 2nd only to the leda's. Also heard people say the ride comfort is better than standard too

Tbh i'd be interested to hear a comparison between the ledas ad H&R's from someone who's driven both back to back and for a decent amount of time. I think people merely assume (im not saying wrongly but still without any experience) that because the ledas are more they are better.

I'd go H&R's good quality and VFM imo.

Loony said:
Tbh i'd be interested to hear a comparison between the ledas ad H&R's from someone who's driven both back to back and for a decent amount of time. I think people merely assume (im not saying wrongly but still without any experience) that because the ledas are more they are better.

I'd go H&R's good quality and VFM imo.

I have ledas and would highly recommend them although I paid £900 for mine in a group buy, I wouldnt have paid £1300.

I dont imagine anyone has driven them back to back and as Loony says you cant say one is better if you havent tried both.

For me the advantages would be the adjustability of the ledas and the fact you can get them serviced in this country quite cheaply dont know if you can do with the H&Rs. I have heard the H&Rs are a little soft for some people.

I run 225lb front and 300 rear springs on mine with 1/3rd from softest damping setting which feels perfect to me. Another forum user, D4ve, had the same spring rates but on the softest damping setting it was still to hard for him. I think he went back to Leda for 200lb front and 250 rear springs which you can swap free of charge. rmccardel has 275lb front 300 rear springs for track. My point being what I think feels right may not be the same for someone else and with the ledas you have the scope to set it up how you want it.

clio 200 F4Rt
H&R's for me. I like the fact they use Bilstein shocks, who in my eyes make the best shocks around.

If you want some H&R's give me a PM as we have jsut started doing them and i will sort you out with a good price!