ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Colour

Clio 182

I am looking at buying a 182, but i wanted to know what people thoughts on colours were?

I have yet to see a inferno red one on the road but are these a two tone paint? I think i will get a black one as they look nice.

dk

911 GTS Cab

if its a new one you are after you will have limited colours now as it is coming to an end of production soon

racing blue is the best though

Inferno isnt in the ID range, but it does look vastly different at all times of the day and in all different lights. I love it, I think its the best colour Ive ever seen any car in. Every time I look at it, it looks different, and Ive had it since January

Its all down to personal choice, but...

*Racing Blue is non-metallic so is harder to clean, polish and get flies off (but only if you clean your car occasionally like I do!)

*Silver with the cup pack looks like you forgot to clean the brake dust off your alloys

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Black Gold for me but then Im biased! ;) Other colours I like almost as much tho are Inferno and Racing Blue.

They are all good colours :D but if I had to choose, Liquid yellow, black gold, titanium, racing blue with stripes, arctic blue and Inferno in that order!!

I don’t like the green id colour at all :cry:

(But I havent seen artic blue, inferno or green in the flesh)

[Edited by Viv172 on 08 September 2005 at 9:02am]

RB182cup&golf gti

There are a lot of nice colours - racing blue is awesome, as what Roy said about the inferno it seems to change colour all the time, really do love the colour

Anyone seen the Petrol Blue on the road or any idea how many there are about? I know one went on eBay recently but Ive never seen one in the flesh. Cant decide from pics whether I love it or hate it.

As for me, my fave 182 colour is blue, just cant decide whether its Arctic or Racing........

VaVa

I see a Racing blue most days, and tbh it looks stunning. Really stands out from all the other the cars on the road.

I have a titanium 182 but I saw a metallic green (not sure what the colour is) one on the M6 the other day that looked very nice with anthracite wheels.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Cam

182 Cup

Inferno is the colour to get!!! . I really do like the racing blue but it seems to be a bit common.

Racin Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Racing Blue on 07 September 2005

I love my racing blue, I think I picked the best colour (but then I would!)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/radionewsbird/my182.JPG

All the 182 colours are great, but my order of preference is racing blue, inferno, liquid yellow, black gold and titanium.
Thats a pretty good representation of Racing Blue as its really difficult to get it to look right in a photo. Racing Blue really does stand out - particularly if the sun is shining it looks superb. I also like Inferno for the same reason. Black and Silver dont stand out from the crowd enough IMHO and can easily be mistaken for standard Clios from a distance but up close Black gold does look good.

RB182cup&golf gti

that artic looks the dogs - saw one at the garage ready for collection the other day and it was well nice

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 08 September 2005

(Just had to nick your piccy above RB! - did you get that keyed scratch sorted out, btw??)
No problem mate.

Yep, I got the scratch sorted last week. Chipbusters in Portsmouth did a smart repair on it and they did a brilliant job, it looks like new again :D.

Cost me £150 though, so I hope it doesnt ever happen again.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 07 September 2005

if its a new one you are after you will have limited colours now as it is coming to an end of production soon
Are there only certain colours you can get now then?

I have a Petrol Blue and some love it some hate it. Personally I love it hadnt seen the colour before I bought it so was very happy with it. Not as common as some of the other colours and looks really nice when lovely and clean.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by k4thy on 09 September 2005

I have a Petrol Blue and some love it some hate it. Personally I love it hadnt seen the colour before I bought it so was very happy with it. Not as common as some of the other colours and looks really nice when lovely and clean.

Any pics of your motor :D

LY V6 with Recaros

My fave colour is the Racing Blue, dont really see many round my way tho, Inferno is my next fav, Liquid Yellow looks gorgous too