ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Dashboard Lights

Clio 172
Hi all,

Just a bit of advice a friend has asked me to get. His 182 has pretty much all lights on the dash - traction control, ABS, airbag and service light are all on.

I know his front wheel bearing needs doing and a new ABS ring fitting (think he is sticking a new hub on) but I was wondering if anyone could help? Would they all be on if it was something like an ABS sensor?

Thanks in advance.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If it needs a new ABS ring then that could be the cause of the ABS and traction control lights. Airbag light wouldn't be linked to that.

It's all speculation unless you can get it on diagnostics and check properly really.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I had that once, made me lol. All went off when I turned the on and back off again. Best part was the handbrake like being on

Clio 172
Yeah it has a cracked drivers ABS ring. Ive told him that he needs to replace that, the wheel bearing and both ABS sensors. Clear the faults and get it scanned again.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah it has a cracked drivers ABS ring. Ive told him that he needs to replace that, the wheel bearing and both ABS sensors. Clear the faults and get it scanned again.

Tell him to get the ABS ring replaced and see if the fault goes away. Don't change the ABS sensors unless you know they're at fault. They're bloody expensive on clios with ESP!

All faults relating to the ABS system are self clearing iirc so if the problem is fixed, the lights will go off.

Fiesta ZS/182 Cup
I had this exact same set of lights on for quite a while.
Then it would go away, then return, then go again!

i tried replacing a few parts but as mentioned above you turn the engine off and on again and the lights would go!

I have had no lights on for about 3000 miles now, thank god!