ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 disc upgrade help

clio sport 172
hello there guys i'm looking foward to upgrade my brakes o a clio 182 but i'm looking for the right brake discs (front)
310mm is the size i'm looking for.
does any one know what discs will be ideal for the clio 182?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Standard car runs 280 front discs, there are 4 pot kits available with either 300 or 325mm discs (you will needs 17" wheels for 325mm discs). Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

David.

i have a set of 325mm hi spec 4 pots going on my car soon , will let you know if i manage to squeeze them under my 16" wheels , they say 17" but some wheels have a bit more clearance and space than others

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there any advantage running larger discs with regular calipers/pads - it won't give any greater friction surface area ?

Only thing I can think of is greater heat-sinking as there is more mass..... but then more rotating mass is not good anyway....?

Clio 197
^

IIRC, you get slightly more braking power due to the larger radius (from the disc to the centre of the wheel)... and a greater surface area for cooling.

to be honest the brembo hc's and ds2500 pads with some decent brake fluid is plenty , i had that setup on my previous clio and it work'd very very well, only bought the hi spec setup as it was £300 and i couldnt turn it down at that price

CL pads, braided lines, good fluid and good cooling (to stop the fluid boiling). All the stopping power you'll ever need in a Clio. The only limitation will be grip.

Clio 182
^

IIRC, you get slightly more braking power due to the larger radius (from the disc to the centre of the wheel)... and a greater surface area for cooling.
Yep. Try unbolt screw with short wrench and then with longer.
Friend has 300mm with Scenic 1,9dCI calipers (everything is bolt on) and says he stops faster than with stock setup so in spring I'll try it too. I already have calipers but the problem is that you have to use 16' while I use 15' winter setup.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
i have the brembo calipers from the megane 225 thats y i need bigger discs but its hard to find the right ones

In that case you are going to have to get some discs custom made. The standard 225 discs are a 5 bolt hole pattern and are 312mm x 28mm thick. You will need a large offset on the disc in order to get the caliper to fit behind your wheels but you then may find the disc fouls on the bottom ball joint.