ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 doesn't run right for 1st few seconds after starting... only in the warm weather

Clio 182
A strange issue has just started with my other half's 182 (55 reg)...

When she goes to work first thing in the morning, it starts on the button - no issues and off she goes. When she gets in it at the end of the day it starts straight away but barely ticks over, a quick blip on the accelerator and it ticks over nicely and no more issues...??

I've never seen anything like it on another car. The EML doesn't light up or anythin

It's had the belts/etc done before she bought it at about 34k at a main dealers and it's only on 46k now

We changed the leads and coil last year too because of a misfire

Any help appreciated!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: 182 doesn't run right for 1st few seconds after starting... only in the warm weat

When were the plugs last changed? I personally think the 5 year/72k interval on them is too long.

Clio 182
Re: 182 doesn't run right for 1st few seconds after starting... only in the warm weat

Not sure, I'd have to look through the service history. Seeing as it's got full Renault history, I'd guess never changed if they say 72k...?

Titanium Clio 182

Mine does the same. 7 n a half year old 182. Don't think it'll be the plugs though. Changed mine 2 months ago.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Lambda sensor maybe?

Clio 172

Mine does the exact same! Turn it over, soon as its on it idles very low, sometimes stalls within a second of turning it on. If you blip the throttle its fine and has no problems!

Clio.

Clean the throttle body? Or, ask Renault garage to see if its due an injection computer software update.