ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine coolent?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Anyone know which color coolent is used int he 182? I know if you mix coolents they can turn to glue so dont want to do that!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
p.s. I know its type d, but what color is type d (so i can tell if its got the right stuff in there at the moment as i dont want to drain the whole system)...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ok, I just checked the color of what I have in there at the moment, and it looks more yellow that green?! Is that right?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thank Fred, do you know if you can buy it in concentrate as I dont really want to be draining the system this time of year?!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Sorry to hijack the thread but can somebody explain what process i should use to do a full coolant change and system flush? The more detail the better!

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea if this is the official way of doing it, but its what I do...

Remove the bottom hose from the radiator. and let it all piss out over the floor. Don't do this on the driveway, do it on the road! lol.

Flush through radiator with clean water via hosepipe

Remove heater pipes & Flush through the heater (remove pipes at the bulkhead) with clean water

Put all pipework back together.

Fill the system up with Type D coolant from renault (its proper cheap compared to stuff from halfords etc)

run it up to temperature and bleed for air leaks via the bleed screw.

Let it cool down completely and top up as needed.

koi

Audi S1
As above. Never done it before and had to do mine a couple of weeks ago, nice easy job.

I bought 7l of coolant (1x5l and 2x1l) from Renault, didn't realise the 1l bottles were so expensive. Be as well paying the extra £2 or something to get 2x5l and having some spare.