ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine Rattle

Hello all,

Ive done about 750 miles in my 182 and just started to give it some, but when I accelerate over about 4k there is a buzzing/rattle from the engine it doesnt sound anything mechanical but more of a vibrating noise??

Cheers

Mat

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Post removed.

Quite clearly I was wrong.

/note to self, dont post suggestions without waiting for Tom to post first.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 15 July 2004

Thatll be the 4k exhaust rattle then!!

Do a search and loads will come up, known issue on 172s and 182s.
No it wont. its the engine cover.

dk

911 GTS Cab

tom, as you havent replied to my pm, are those engine pics in used car buyer yours, without the engine cover and the renaultsport in yellow?

And were all your comments in there yours? (like the one about 182 cup owners being without cc this summer and the 182 being faster than the cup?)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 July 2004

tom, as you havent replied to my pm, are those engine pics in used car buyer yours, without the engine cover and the renaultsport in yellow?

Sorry ive been busy not my engine. no.

And were all your comments in there yours? (like the one about 182 cup owners being without cc this summer and the 182 being faster than the cup?)

Thats a miss print. No idea what they are chatting.

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 15 July 2004 at 11:53am]

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

would taking the cover off affect warranty cos i know how fussy renault can be?? if not mines coming off tnight and ill try and get some pics put up.