ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ESP

Great isnt it? First real time it came into play on the way to work tonight, going around (at least i THINK I went around it) a roundabout :devilish:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

lol, yours must work differently to mine.

its staying off. nearly killed me twice.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 30 December 2004

yep great as it pulls you back in to line...
Exactly - although I thought the engine was going to leap out in my face; at least thats what it sounded & felt like :confused:

Mondeo STTDCI

I dont particularly trust it...but it stays on as I seem to feel the car a bit more when its off and it scares me in the wet.

Mines actually saved me twice, Tom you might have a problem with yours if its cause you to nearly crash!

mine seems to be fairly unobtrusive until things get lairy and havnt had it behave in a bad way so far. Drove the 172 for 2 & 1/2 years without it in the winter but i dont usually drive hard in poor contitions. Ill leave it on until the weather improves then switch it off come spring/summer

Ford Fiesta

it will flash, in wet, stop, turn 90 degrees to the left and right floor it, find somewhere safe though to test.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by gazcaddy on 30 December 2004

the light doesnt flash on mine ever although i felt it working once
If you felt it work, you were probably too busy to notice it flash, lol.

The only time if really needed it was in damp conditions booting it onto the motorway (Late, no traffic) and the rear end got a bit loose on the slip road. Flashed a couple of times and i was back in a straight line.

clio sport 172

Dont really use mine..but.....traction control is lethal!! Pulled out of a junction a couple of times and started spinning.....then nothing....all power gone for a couple of seconds and im just left sat inthe middle of the road!!

And u cant turn it off :(

Ziel Nurburgring

Yes you can. Its on as standard if you click the ESP button next to the Cruise control it turns off ESP and TC, but not ABS (as you cant due to the tw*ts in brussels)

Quote: Originally posted by dannyh172 on 31 December 2004
Dont really use mine..but.....traction control is lethal!!  Pulled out of a junction a couple of times and started spinning.....then nothing....all power gone for a couple of seconds and im just left sat inthe middle of the road!!And u cant turn it off :(

if you are getting it when you do quick pull aways at the moment then if you turn it off you wont even move in the first place!

Clutch control?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 31 December 2004
Yes you can. Its on as standard if you click the ESP button next to the Cruise control it turns off ESP and TC, but not ABS (as you cant due to the tw*ts in brussels)

R U sure as I thought traction was always on but just ESP was turned off?

And my ESP is very unobtrusive, I even managed to drive around Spa with it on without it causing me any trouble or slowing me down.

especially in the wet, lol. spinning wheels and engine mount knocking all the way up the road if you smash the throttle wide open. with the esp/traction on it spins slightly then corrects and the car pulls away alot more smoothly

dk

911 GTS Cab

ok cool, will do, never really turn it off so didnt know for sure, its my safety net for when I am being a tw*t.

Scruffy blue 182

Turned mine off (only once!) and all I could see was white smoke from the front wheels....keep it on all the time now as I cant afford go go through a pair of tyres each week. Of course I dont normally drive like that, just wanted to see how much power it really had without the TC interfering. I grossly underestimated!