ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust Advice, please!!!!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Hi peeps,

Now i thinking of getting an exhaust for the 182, that will give me a much nicer sound than the std one.

I have looked at Prospeed and Blueflame, I have read about the two in various threads, but any recommendations? the prices seem so far apart, one at around £590 and the other at £300. Advice please!

Plus insurance wise, what sort of affect is it likely to have on my premium and what do i say that im actually puting on the car (sounds stupid, but don't wanna get over charged).

Cheers in advance

Ant

ST
Just tell your insurance the standard exhaust system has gave up so you are replacing it with a stainless system with a life time warranty.

Al.

Im interested in this thread too....

Ive been told Blueflame or Magnex are the best, But Magnex is far more expensive. is this right?

much in powergains? (not that im that bothered to be fair)

looking for 172 cup
i had a Magnex mate and it was crap :( dont waste your your money....

prospeed is worth evey penny :)

also i just told insurance had fitted a stainless exhaust and charge an extra £35

i don't really want to decat the car, has everyone who has gone for an exhaust decatted as well?

looking for 172 cup
if you want a little extra performance have a decat mate :) (i have one) its only 4bolts come mot time......... dont bother with sports cat cost far to much

Renaultsport 220T
You don't need to get a decat Ant. Have a look at Nick's Hayward and Scott system when you see him at Bluewater. It's the same as my one.

H&S can custom build you system, and you can spec exactly how loud you want it. And what type of tail pipes you want. Quality craftmanship.

looking for 172 cup
sm_wrc said:
You don't need to get a decat Ant. Have a look at Nick's Hayward and Scott system when you see him at Bluewater. It's the same as my one.

H&S can custom build you system, and you can spec exactly how loud you want it. And what type of tail pipes you want. Quality craftmanship.

same with prospeed mate :)

182 Full Fat
Ant I will show you on Sunday. You can really get an idea of what they look and sound like when you see them for real. I got my Hayward & Scott system off Dave as he fancied the De-cat Prospeed system. I first became interested in H&S when Steve got his fitted. They sound great, and as Steve says the quality is second to none. and comes with Lifetime guarantee. Prospeed are also an alternative.:D

ST
Chris said:
Go for a Yozzasport system and decat i have one on mine 182 and i love it. the decat makes it so more response off the mark and low down rev ranges. So much so that my girlfriend wont drive it no more as she says it too fast!!
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/proddetail.php?prod=clio_rs_182_cup_trophy_exhaust_system

If your in the Midlands feel free to pop round and have a look and listen.

Chris

Alright mate, have you got any vids of the Yozzasport on your car?

cheers guys,

anyone know what blueflame is like? I see they have them on ebay.

182 Full Fat
Blueflame are meant to be pretty good too Ant. They certainly look the part when fitted to the car!

Turbo Beige
Blueflame is mint, had mine on for over 20k now! You can hardly notice it on a motorway, but when you put your foot down it makes itself known!

vx220
I'll be looking at either the BTB system from shed or i'll be hanging on to see what benr has in store before making a choice!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Love my blueflame, only had it fitted a month, thought it might have been a little louder though!

Lionel Richie
Gweebs said:
Just throwing in my 2p worth.

BBPT have started doin custom exhausts....

Don't know what they'll be like, but can't be that bad... :)

they're very good, made in house