ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust heat shield removal?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I've not long had a new exhaust fitted but no matter what bending of the heatshield and re attaching the thing still rattles.

It seems the one over the back box is OK,its the front one where the bend in the exhaust touches.

Is it safe to remove it? Has anyone done the same and had any problems with it being near the fuel tank?

Thanks

I've not long had a new exhaust fitted but no matter what bending of the heatshield and re attaching the thing still rattles.

It seems the one over the back box is OK,its the front one where the bend in the exhaust touches.

Is it safe to remove it? Has anyone done the same and had any problems with it being near the fuel tank?

Thanks
You could use exhaust wrap to provide a damping surface between the exhaust and the heatshield - if you wrap it enough, so the heatshield can't move, it should stop any rattles.

(I'm not sure about the longevity of the exhaust with a wrapping partly made of absorbent material, of course, but then the exhaust should be suitably hot to burn any moisture off that it picked up while driving?