ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhausts, same sound as standard

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Car  VW Golf GTD
I've got a Magnex on at the moe, happy with it, but i think it's started to rattle.

Now if i buy something else i want it to sound as quiet as possible.

What are the options.
 
Go custom. Won't cost the earth, will be a hell of a lot cheaper than Renault, and can be made to your specifications
 
I did see your say something in another thread, what have you got? i don't want any louder than standard.
 
I've got a blueflame with decat lol. Sets off car alarms :dapprove:

The baffles rattle like a b*****d though, so it needs sorting. I'll either get a custom exhaust made, or get the scilencers cut open and fixed.
 
What about the KTR/Janspeed but with the silenced centre section?

I have the one without the silenced centre section and it is more noisy (as expected) but I swear at bang on 70mph - its more quieter in the cabin than the OEM one.

Although I got the Birchdown lads to fit mine, apparently the Janspeed is a very easy fit onto the 182 as well.

D.
 
Janspeed. According to kev, one of the best non chavvy systems for a 182. Fit spot on too. Milltek sound fine (even for me), but the fit was pony tbh

I also have never heard of a custom place make a decent quiet stainless system, ever. It WILL end in disaster imo!

It'll be the centre section, very common on the Magnex sytems. I had one on my old Cup which failed, so i ebayed it, cos i'm a c**t ;)
 
Mine fits perfectly and hasn't moved or given me problems in nearly three years.

I've seen some terrible-fitting exhausts, and they don't get a mention. :P
 
I've seen an example of the hallowed BTB, too. Held up with cable ties. lol

Mind you, the only Milltek element of mine that's left is the rear boxes... the rest is JP.
 
Piper is the quietest for the 182 if you keep the cat. The fitting is also the most straightforward. Janspeed/k-tec one is fine, but not as quiet
 
I've seen an example of the hallowed BTB, too. Held up with cable ties. lol

Mind you, the only Milltek element of mine that's left is the rear boxes... the rest is JP.


:eek:

................never ;)

My BTB was the best fitting system i've had on a Clio

This inclued
172 Magnex
172 Mk2 Stealth
182 Milltek

Full of win that system tbh!

Milltek with the cat was perfect sounding for me also, just a shame it seemed to be jigged 15mm out all over, unless cat C 182? :(
 
Back
Top