ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Fault codes

Mk1 Focus RS
so i was out driving through town today when i noticed my service light, abs light and traction light had all come on (guessing this means fault?) so i pulled up switched the car off and back on and the lights disappeared.

rater than ignore it i took it up to the girlfriends dads garage and one of the mechanics plugged a diagnostic computer in and up popped three faults:

301- brake pedal sensor

309- crusie control/speed limiter brake pedel switches

then the third i think was 58- brake pedal coherance (something along that lines)

they didint really know what they meant but they cleared the faults and the lights havent come on since driving home.

just wondering whether anyone knows what they mean, whats caused it and does anything need to be fixed replaced?

any help appreciated cheers

mondeo titanium tdci
Brake pedal switch is fooked mate had the same on mine mate get a new one there about a tenner from renault and that will sort it for you

mondeo titanium tdci
Look up underneath the dash where the brake pedal is and you will see it
It will need setting after you installed the switch there is a guide on here if you get stuck I will talk you through it it's dead easy though

182 Trophy
Sounds like I have a similar issue. Would this also affect the wipers and indicators. Sounds weird but when the service, abs, airbag and traction lights come on the indicators and wipers also stop working. I haven't driven the car in 6 weeks as I've been on holiday and this has just started happening today.