ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 feal guage issues

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
of recent im having lots of fuel guage issues.

example -

needle was pretty much on red saying empty and the trip computer was saying 60 miles left, so i went and put £10 worth of fuel in.

the needle stayed in the same place and the trip computer went up to 67 miles. i drove to chelmsford which is 12 miles from me and the red light came on saying tank was empty. £10 of fuel does further than 12 miles!!!

its happening all the time now and im strulling to actually know when im running out or not. if there something i can do to correct this or is it more of a put it into a garage job?

heres a pic from last night, its just to unaccurate

20100510_017.jpg

Fabia vrs tdi
I hold in my trip computer button turn key one click then when it's in test mode it will tell you how many litres are left in the tank, usually when my petrol light comes on I have 6 litres left - if you do this all your dials should move :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I hold in my trip computer button turn key one click then when it's in test mode it will tell you how many litres are left in the tank, usually when my petrol light comes on I have 6 litres left - if you do this all your dials should move :)
umm didnt know that.

when should i do it? whenever? when empty or when full?

Fabia vrs tdi
Anytime, if u hold it in and turn engine on and press it a few times it will tell u how much in litres ur using when the car is idle per hour - will also show up some fault codes if any.

I do it to count how many litres I've used to work out my current mpg which rite now is 19.7mpg

Looking for 182
Anytime, if u hold it in and turn engine on and press it a few times it will tell u how much in litres ur using when the car is idle per hour - will also show up some fault codes if any.

I do it to count how many litres I've used to work out my current mpg which rite now is 19.7mpg

Why not just use the MPG counter?

19.7 seems low for a 182, I get about 32mpg from a tank even if I've had a couple of days of ragging it.

Fabia vrs tdi
Only driving I do is city driving stopping every 50 yards at traffic lights and thrashing it lol, the trip computer reads 24mpg but it's only a rough guide your better off working it out yourself.

If I do a long trip I can get 38mpg from the trip computer but it's prob more like 36mpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

ok thanks, but that doesnt reset the fuel system if you know what i mean. i will still have this fuel reading problem?