ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gearbox problems

Clio 182
Hi all. My 54 plate 182 has lost 2nd gear so needs a new box.

Will a ' box from a 172 fit, or will a need a 182 ' box of the same year. Is it the jcz130?

Thanks in advance
dave

FF Clio 182
If it's a 172 cup box you will need to blank the speedo drive but I can guarantee of you buy a second hand box it don't be out of a cup. So then no modifications

if it was me i'd just get it refurbished, for the sake of an extra £100 or so you get basically a brand new box thats good to go for another 100k

And by the way, most 2nd hand boxes are a lottery. You're better off taking the box out and sending it down to Agency Transmissions for a refurb if you can spare the time off the road.

Edit: what Matt said.

FF Clio 182
And by the way, most 2nd hand boxes are a lottery. You're better off taking the box out and sending it down to Agency Transmissions for a refurb if you can spare the time off the road.

Edit: what Matt said.

This is true. Just not everyone are in a position to have their car off the road whilst your box is being rebuilt.

On the other hand; you could buy a second hand box and send that of to be rebuilt

Clio 182
This is true. Just not everyone are in a position to have their car off the road whilst your box is being rebuilt.

On the other hand; you could buy a second hand box and send that of to be rebuilt

I've lost second gear. All others are fine. Does this sound like and expensive repair or something that's common.

And to re cap - I could put a standard 172 box in my 182 and it will fit with no mods needed ?

LY 182
Yeah I have a refurbed JC5 129 (172/cup) box in my 182 and everything is working fine. Just leave the speedo drive in the hole so that the box oil doesnt leak out.