ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 head units any good

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

is the stereo any good or is it worth fitting an aftermarket 1?

want to know because if it is good i would order the multichanger to go with it save messing about.

Sound is quite good for a std stereo.(unless you are a bass head!)

Having said that mine is already gone and if you are thinking of buying the changer be aware that even though it is Alpine it doesnt appear to connect easily to any alpine head units!

I advise changing the std speakers with ones with a little extra kick though.

Opted for a Sony CDX 9900 MP3 player with tft screen..it sounds and looks nice.

£342.99

Clio 197

Had my 182 two months... First thing I did was change head unit and speakers. Standard head unit ok, but much better things out there. Standard speakers absolute rubbish (in my opinion).

Depends on what you like I suppose, my setup:

Head Unit: Sony CDX-F7500 MP3 player
Speakers: 4 x Infinity 5002i 13cm (replaced original cardboard speakers)
PLUS 2 x Infinity 9603i 6x9 Speakers (on original shelf)
Amplifier: Sony XM-222 Amp (to power 6x9s)

Sounds good, but cannot change the tweeters in the dash, without dismantling the dash (not willing to do that). I find the tweeters too loud - woule like to reduce their output somehow.

oms

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 June 2004

Sounds good, but cannot change the tweeters in the dash, without dismantling the dash (not willing to do that). I find the tweeters too loud - woule like to reduce their output somehow.

oms <SCRIPT language=javascript>
Do you have to dismantle the dash?? Doesnt the cover just twist off and the tweeters pop out??! I may well of course be wrong about that!!! lol

Clio 197

Yeah, unfortunately, the top half of the dash has to some off... (according to the dealer, but theyve been wrong about my service intervals... so who knows?).

oms

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

well if u wana change the tweeters u cant just take the cover of and do it that way its a b**ch easy way is too remove top of dash took me a while but its not too hard to fit new tweeters you probly will need to cut new holes on the passenger side of my car i used a juble clip and 2 steel sprips and then tightened the clip and screwed the steel strips to the dash resault pukka if u wana change em and u aint too far from me ill come and help ya PM if your interested

Laguna

To do a good job and replace the pants wiring as well as the tweeters I would remove the top half of the dash, it aint hard and you will make the job easy for yourself to get too. The stardard speakers are naff, and its defo worth changing the head unit if you want to upgrade later on. I did all the above and I havent looked back, like most cars you can either make do with the pants standard ICE or upgrade hehe!

Ads

Clio 197

Thanks for the offer... Im based in Somerset... might take you up on it after my trip to scotland... Gosh... my 182 would have done 9000 miles by next week. Hope it lasts!

Might be a bit of a half arsed way of doing it but i also did not want to remove the dash but found the tweeters very loud and tinny!

I just removed the cover for the tweeters and placed some thick fabric over them..this reduced the noice greatly and is easy to reverse should you sell the car.

not a die hard ICE install but it worked!

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 02 June 2004

Might be a bit of a half arsed way of doing it but i also did not want to remove the dash but found the tweeters very loud and tinny!

I just removed the cover for the tweeters and placed some thick fabric over them..this reduced the noice greatly and is easy to reverse should you sell the car.

not a die hard ICE install but it worked!
Nice one... houw do you get the covers off (dont wanna break them or damage dash)... ?

They rotate and just come out..not 100% sure which way as it was while ago.

A short rotation and you should be able to lift it off.

Be careful as i broke my first one , it still fitted okay but nevermind!

(they are a little delicate if you arent carfeul)