ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 "holding back" from cold

FF Arctic Blue 182
Just a quick query, whenever driving the 182 from cold it will feel as if it is holding back slightly. I really have to press the accelerator to get it to move and smooth gear changes are next to impossible ....

Only does for a couple of hundred yards normally, then you feel it "let go"

Is this normal or is something at fault?

Hope that makes sense!

Steve

PH2 Flamer
Mines the same, exhaust does a little pop too sometimes.

Is that normal as well? Always been like it. Only had it a month though

PB172,dci100,dci65
Hi folks, good to read its normal. Mine does it too for the first maybe 500 meters aftergoing out of the garage and closing it, but it also has an error Upstream oxygen sensor coming up, so i will check on it and maybe it gets better when solved.

Nissan 350Z
Sometimes mine literally will not even rev at all, then like you say it frees up. Took mine to the garage over it, where a multitude of other problems were found, culminating in me spending a rather obscene amount of money fixing those. That "problem" remains.

Clio 182
Yepp my 182 also does this (not that you need to know as the guys above said its normal!) But yeah, "holding back" is the perfect definition of how I would also describe it. Bloody annoying.