ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Humming sound inside the cabin

i have a 182 with 6k on the clock. and last night i notice, when i was waiting to pick my girl up. with the car idleing, every few secs i could hear a humming sound.

turned off the car, and it stoped. turned the car back on and it does it again. its not loud as when u turn the radio up u cant hear it. but its happening all the time.

sounds like its coming from the exhaust at the front or the engine. when u rev it, it stops or u cant hear it.

sounds like a resonating sound.

any help

cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its either you center section or something else.

Does it happen when your girlfriend isnt in the car ;)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

See if its coming from the interior light panel above the rear view mirror, there is what looks like an air vent with a sensor in it. My 172 makes this soundand thought initially it was coming from the front but turned out to be the above.

poss centre section, it sounds the same as what mine did, to check just bang it and if it rattles then its that, !!they replaced centre section and it stopped it on mine, one word of warning though they cut your exhaust to join it and its mostly a bodge job, ie. pipes dont line up, and it will leek