ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 hunt so frustrating

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ive convinced myself i 'need' to swap my 172 ph 1 for a 182FF. Will I find that more become available as spring/summer starts as I dont seem to be finding the tidy example Im looking for. I wont accept a compromise and want an arctic blue or racing blue non cup but in standard form, no silly alloys/ tasteless mods.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I luckily found possibly the mintest arctic blue out there after only looking a couple of weeks. I was never the biggest fan of the colour but it was too good to turn away from. Just keep looking dude.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
do you mind me asking what you paid/mileage etc? You see some for silly prices then others at too cheap to be true prices

Glacier White RS200
I luckily found possibly the mintest arctic blue out there after only looking a couple of weeks. I was never the biggest fan of the colour but it was too good to turn away from. Just keep looking dude.

likewise fella :)! Keep looking ... youll find one, dont be to hasty fella :)

Impreza Wagon
It took me about 4 months to find my car and I never thought I'd wanted a black one until I saw it! Always worth the wait....

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Living in the country makes owning a black car a pain in the arse, im sure my hunt will pay off eventually. Where else except ebay, pistonheads, autotrader can i look?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
do you mind me asking what you paid/mileage etc? You see some for silly prices then others at too cheap to be true prices
Mine had 50,000 when I bought it. In the 6 months before I bought it, it had wheels refurbed, cambelt and new tyres!
Paintwork was pristine as was the mechanics. I actually paid more than he was asking for as I got the impression he was struggling to sell it to me! And I paid top dollar but it was more than worth. Probably could have got a trophy for what I paid tbh!

Megane 225 F1
Be patient. Good things come to those who wait. Apart from me. I went in for a quick buy and it was a good 'un.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I see what your saying about it being the same car but I will be dropping 3-4 years in age and I really fancy a change of colour/interior etc. get away from mt skinny massive steering wheel too

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
does anyone else think Im mad swapping a ph1 172 for a 182FF? seems a fairly sensible move to me, might be wrong though

1.6 Dynamique & 182
I spent a good billion years looking for the right one, in the end I settled for one without packs with the intention of buying the splitter/spoiler and just sticking it on coilovers.

Clio Grande RN
Don't rush into anything you'll regret!
Be patient and I'm sure one will pop up soon enough, the only problem being:
If your buying it off eBay it's more of a trust/faith thing as you don't know person who's selling it.
Best of luck anyway! :D

Arctic 182 FF
I spent a few months unsure about whether to get one or not, so kept an eye out and eventually one came up on eBay that was almost too good to be true. I wanted to view it and had to wait til the weekend but the auction finished on the Friday, luckily (unbelievably) no one bid and I went up Sunday, it was genuine and I came home with it!

Wait for a good'un and you wont regret it!

Clio 182
I sold my car Saturday, went on Auto trader that night, found a black 182, 65k, for 3.5k, when down to see it next day, talked it over and walked away with a fresh service (cambelt) MOT, 2 months tax all for £2.9k

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
£600 off, not bad. I think if my 172 hadnt been so low mileage I wouldnt be in two minds...but arctic blue...

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
If it helps i might be selling my 182 soon - its completely standard

the one bit that might put you off or might not is that its having a replacement engine fitted as the fella who fixed the cambelt etc didn't tighten the belt with the right tool so that left me with a knackered engine. I'm having one fitted soon (next week or so). The car is completely standard.

Cheers