ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ignition fault finding

clio 182 trophy
Hi there, I am trying to do some fault finding as I am intermittently losing spark. I cannot seem to find any mention of the ignition system in any of the various manuals I have managed to find online. Does anybody know where I can find this? Thanks.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It’s a waste spark system, so it is very simple:

Power <> switched IGN Relay controlled
Earth <> Chassis GND
Trigger (1-4) <> ECU Controlled
Trigger (2-3) <> ECU Controlled

Now you know what does what, you should be able to test and work out if and where you have a problem.

clio 182 trophy
I was looking for resistance values to check if the coil is faulty. But it seems I don't to have any power going to the coil. Also there are only three wires to the coil not four. Should there be permanent live to the coil when the ignition is on but not running?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If it’s a 3 wire setup, then most likely the coil pack itself will GND itself via the mounting points. In that case the pack will be x2 Triggers and x1 Power